Thank you Draegan, Goodbye FOH

Helios

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jesus, that's sad. I can't even imagine how many hours I spent surfing the FoH forums over the years. It's like watching the titanic sink. I knew it hit an iceberg, but I still can't fucking believe it.
^This. Thanks for preserving the community. Even though I only lurk these days, I read these forums daily.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
A couple of questions...

Why create accounts for the bots? I thought ads would be tracked based on IP addresses, not by account name. It would be trivial for the site admin to create 10000 accounts, but it would be much more difficult to make it look like 10000 different computers were viewing the ads. And if he did have 10000 different computers viewing the site, they wouldn't need to have an account.

If page views were so important, why didn't they open up membership to more people? If I remember, you had to donate to become a member. If they wanted lots of real people, why not let lots of real people sign up?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Out of curiosity is it difficult to integrate pagination that has a skip to "newest unread post"/"last post read"? I've always been curious as to why the FoH boards never had this.

But yeah, Appreciate having the new site~ Hope it can stick around!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh well, the forum I probably visited the most out of the entire internet just got killed. 6k posts and not a single one I can remeber
biggrin.png
At least I'll finally get around to drawing myself a new avatar.

Seeing as most of the SC2 crew made the move, not much was lost for me.

Thanks for making the transition possible guys!

biggrin.png

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What a shame but maybe it needed to happen. Can someone sum up exactly what happened to FoH site?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What a shame but maybe it needed to happen. Can someone sum up exactly what happened to FoH site?
12/11/2012 - 11:23 am site and running
12/11/2012 - 11:24 am site offline with message saying "Thanks folks, I'm out."

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been done a number of other times, but the cliff notes are:

- FoH picked up malware, management acknowledges the problem and refuses to fix it or give someone access to fix it
- Tyen and Trexx allowed to run wild
- Community got sick of both problems, switched to MoreNetz
- "Girl" running MoreNetz outted as a dude, flips out and deletes the site
- Everyone goes back to FoH, Req fixes the malware then takes a figurative shit on the community
- Inspired, the community moves to Rerolled
- With nothing but a mass of bots and a few butthurt trolls left on FoH, Req shuts it down

trex

Queen Bee
What is with the internet traffic conspiracy? Did anyone even read the website? It's a web hosting company.

Socialpdx is the only site that sells traffic and Tyen linked the business/finance FB thread to his FB page at one point so I don't think he's too worried about it.

(and Oblio, in regards to your sig he is not our RL "friend" and he is incredibly jealous of Tyen. I would link a pic of him but I don't think anyone's screen is big enough
frown.png
)

frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What is with the internet traffic conspiracy? Did anyone even read the website? It's a web hosting company.

Socialpdx is the only site that sells traffic and Tyen linked the business/finance FB thread to his FB page at one point so I don't think he's too worried about it.

(and Oblio, in regards to your sig he is not our RL "friend" and he is incredibly jealous of Tyen. I would link a pic of him but I don't think anyone's screen is big enough
frown.png
)
I missed you Trexxy! Quick lets cyber on facebook, Tyen can watch if he wants.

frown.png

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord

frown.png
)
rrr_img_1573.jpg

frown.png

rrr_img_1573.jpg

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

frown.png
)
You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine.

frown.png

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

frown.png
)
Please, never post here again. You ruined 12 years of my online reading life. I have never met you and I like almost everyone I meet. I can not think of a strong enough word to describe my negative feelings for you. It looks as you have no apparent intention of appoligizing or making things right. I hope you are just a retarded online troll and you are not the person I suspect you to be in real life.

frown.png

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

frown.png
)
http://www.rerolled.org/profile.php?...=ignore&u=1642

frown.png

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Wow. I was pretty shocked to have it all end so succinctly. That's the last direct tie to EQ cut for me. Here's hoping enough made the transition here to keep at least the spirit going...