The 100

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
This turned into a shitfest pretty quickly with some of the most inconsistent characters and stories I've ever seen. I stopped watching after s5? When the nuke went off and only Clarke seemingly survived on the ground. Dont think I've missed much. They ran out of actual story around s3 and just came up with BS to keep this running because millenials love to watch pretty people do edgy stuff with no logical thought processes behind the decisions they make.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This turned into a shitfest pretty quickly with some of the most inconsistent characters and stories I've ever seen. I stopped watching after s5? When the nuke went off and only Clarke seemingly survived on the ground. Dont think I've missed much. They ran out of actual story around s3 and just came up with BS to keep this running because millenials love to watch pretty people do edgy stuff with no logical thought processes behind the decisions they make.
Then I bailed at the right time then. As much as I like Erica Cerra I bailed right when she showed up. Season 3 I think.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was the end of S4 when all of the post-Fukushima nuclear reactors finally went critical a century later. S5 ending had a different catastrophe after a prison mining ship returned to earth, S6 was then "we got a spaceship with cyro, time for a new planet bitches!"

Oldbased

> Than U
If you stopped watching The 100, then no one blames you, but if you want answers about the end of Earth, the Flame, the black blood and many unanswered questions over the past 4-6 seasons( whatever it is now ) then last weeks episode 8 explains a TON of it. You may be a bit lost if you haven't watched the past 2 years about the time/travel device but all the other stuff is finally answered as far as how and why. Probably in prep of the new series coming going back before the 100.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you stopped watching The 100, then no one blames you, but if you want answers about the end of Earth, the Flame, the black blood and many unanswered questions over the past 4-6 seasons( whatever it is now ) then last weeks episode 8 explains a TON of it. You may be a bit lost if you haven't watched the past 2 years about the time/travel device but all the other stuff is finally answered as far as how and why. Probably in prep of the new series coming going back before the 100.

I am waiting for this to hit Netflix so I can binge the last season. Good to know they are filling in some plot voids.

Oldbased

> Than U
I am waiting for this to hit Netflix so I can binge the last season. Good to know they are filling in some plot voids.
Binge is understandable but also remember The CW app has all the CW shows free, no login for cable service required( that many require ).
Of course we are just now hitting episode 9 this week so this season has 7 moreish episodes left I think? Can't remember if it is 13 or 16

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
The finale was rushed in places and it was obvious it was going to be when the show started straight into the opening music without a recap they always do.
Still, it wasn't bad. The last 15 minutes was probably one of the better finales I've seen in awhile. Still no word on the prequel. I thought it was a done deal set to go but nope, director said 2 days ago they are still awaiting approval.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was a good ending. I wonder if this was what they'd had in mind the entire time or if they were just winging it.

The city of light was kind of close to the beings of light. They even had the 'no more pain' allusion. I think if that was on purpose they could have dropped a line or 2 about becca being influenced by what she learned and maybe that prior experience being why these people were able to make the choice they did.

I laughed hard when she walked in on the test and killed the shepherd.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
It was a good ending. I wonder if this was what they'd had in mind the entire time or if they were just winging it.

The city of light was kind of close to the beings of light. They even had the 'no more pain' allusion. I think if that was on purpose they could have dropped a line or 2 about becca being influenced by what she learned and maybe that prior experience being why these people were able to make the choice they did.

I laughed hard when she walked in on the test and killed the shepherd.

'You are the only person in the history of the universe who actually murdered someone *during* the test of enlightenment.'
Hah, perfect. I also liked that her argument was basically 'The ends justify the means. Ok maybe they dont, but fuck you', and it actually went about as well as you'd expect.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
All 7 seasons are on Netflix. I binged through the final season, I enjoyed it. Like every season, it kinda drags a bit between episodes 8-13 but I was never super bored. Coulda been better, coulda definitely used a bigger budget, but I like the high concept sci fi ideas they presented even if some of the themes have been recycled literally every season.

All in all a pretty satisfying finale and show, if you liked season 1 I'd say watch it all. Some pretty mediocre seasons and some really bad episodes but its worth the ride.

Its a bit nutso to think the show ends where it ends when you consider where it began in season 1.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea im painfully watching through s5 and I feel like this is actually 2 separate shows. Once you introduce 6 year time leaps it's time to put the initial concept to bed and make a spin off.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Just based on how the majority of the seasons and storylines have ended I had zero faith the finale would be anywhere close to satisfactory for me, but I was somewhat pleasantly surprised.

The only thing I would have personally changed would be that Clark would be left as the last human in existence on Earth. No dog, no friends deciding to come back, just Clark reaping what she has sown. She started Season 1 Episode 1 as the savor of not only The 100 but of the entire human race, yet as the show progressed she got consistently dark and corrupted. She literally committed genocide of an entire people because she felt like she had to in order to save the people of the Ark which was relatable and there was justification there in that her people were being kidnapped and tortured and killed without regard and when given the choice to stop, they refused. Contrast that moment from earlier on to the later seasons and ending where Clark is literally killing friends and people she never met at will because she wants revenge for something or because she believes she needs to protect XYZ at any cost like Madi whom she was smothering and controlling for her own selfish reasons. Finn went down that path in the first couple seasons and ultimately realized his sacrifice was needed to atone for what he had done in order to save the people he loves. For Clark, I feel like the ending kinda ruined that and her character progression by giving her a happy ending, even if it can be seen as somewhat bittersweet. Her biggest fear was being alone and Alien Ghost Lexa should have told her that everything Clark did to get up to this point resulted in this moment and in Clark spending her last days being alone as the only human being denied ascension.

Bellamy, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. While Clark in S1E1 was the selfless one and pegged as the savior, it was Bellamy who was the selfish one who would literally do anything to protect his sister and whom literally sabotaged the groups overall well being and even surviveability numerous times in order to accomplish that. While rushed, his pilgrimage on the alien planet and his sister going full cannibal opened his eyes to the truth of Cadogans teachings in that obsession of love leads to this destructive path and how only by letting go can one be truly saved.

From what I understand there was either an issue with Bobs personal relationship with the show runner or something else happened, but I read somewhere that the show runner is claiming that once the first episode of the final season was in the middle of production Bob approached him saying he wanted out and/or a vastly reduced role in the final season which resulted in a change of everything. If true this is a damn shame, as I feel like a better ending and one that would have really redeemed much of the low points of this show would be one in which it is Bellamy, not Raven, who inevitably takes the final test and passes. Out of everyone on this show and out of everyone from the original 100, Raven being the one who ultimately helps to win over the aliens felt completely and entirely out of left field, especially considering her history is not far off from Clarks and a few episodes prior she literally sacrificed the lives of people because she was too afraid to put herself in harms way. If not Bellamy, it should have been Murphy.

That said, I also would have been really happy with an ending that resulted in humanity being wiped out and turned to stone after Clarks final murder.

Show didn't go full retard like Lost did, but it came awfully close several times and there were some epically bad episodes and seasons and consistency.

Probably a solid 7/10 overall with some really good performances by much of the cast. I'd be interested in a prequel if it was about Cadogan but I'm hearing it's mainly going to be about his daughter and the early days of the Ark before it became one so that's going to be a hard pass.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Who is bob?

Also raven is not one of the original 100. She came down on her own later.

Rime

<Donor>
What fucking sort of 'Heaven' does not let the dog in?

It is also all sorts of messed up that so many of them decided to give up eternity/transcendence/whatever just to be with Clarke.

I thoroughly enjoyed the final episode.

I have no interest in a prequel.

The series had several rough spots, but it was worth sticking around until the end.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They spend the entire series murdering eachother but laying down their weapons for a minute is enough to transcend... Yeah, ok.

Bellamy bring murdered by Clark in that way for that reason was stupid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like