The 80s kid thread

Sterling

El Presidente
The best part of those monster sildes is was running up them. There were a lot of kids that couldn't do it.

Hasto_sl

shitlord
All 1985

rrr_img_67482.jpg
rrr_img_67484.jpg
rrr_img_67485.jpg
rrr_img_67486.jpg

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
If you watched this live in a classroom then you are my bro. If you weren't born when this happened I hope you die horribly and you should feel bad.

rrr_img_67316.jpg
I feel ya bro... still remember it vivdly. We all gathered in the auditorium to watch it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
We used to take a roll of wax paper to the park with us to use on the giant metal slide. Wax that motherfucker down and then slide on it, I'm pretty sure we just about broke the sound barrier on a few runs. You'd fly off the slide and roll like a ragdoll on the ground for like 20 feet before you stopped. It was awesome.

ahhh the 80's
wink.png

gfkBxpp.jpg
There was this trick, that if you turned onto the playboy or spice channel, there would be 1 second where the picture was clear and then the bars would pop up. Sometimes it lasted longer.

The playboy channel didn't pop up until 5pm, before that it was the cooking channel. Well, one day someone screwed up and at 10am the cooking channel switched to playboy for 90 minutes. I grabbed a VHS and recorded all of that.
Kids have it too easy.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Jesus, I was such a nerd I saved up to buy myself a Speak n Spell. Kids now wouldn't play that educational mofo if you bribed em.

Brad2770

8 inch peen on the playground.

rrr_img_67386.jpg
I still have mine from 86. I have every piece, except the box. I did keep the Stats part on the box that you used the red strip to see. It has some yellowing though. It stayed on a shelf in my office for awhile, but mechanically all joints and moving parts are in great condition. Jetfire was by far my favorite toy.

xrg

Golden Squire
I wish I had kept better track of my toys as a kid. I had Skorponok, which was one of the big base Transformers. Last time I looked they were going for like $300. I also had Diplodocus from Dino-Riders which also can sell in the $300 range. I had damn near all the He-Man and a ton of Ninja Turtle toys too.

Don Bluth needs to go back to making movies. His character designs are so badass.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This show was on so sporadically where I lived and I could never catch more than a few episodes but it was one of my favorites.
Mostly, local stations aired this at ridiculous times to get credit for "educational programming" outside of the afterschool block. Never being a morning person, my mother would struggle to help me get up at 6:00 or 6:30AM so I could watch it. It actually added to the mystic and hidden nature of the show: as an anime it was completely different than everything else that was airing, and so elite that you had to get up before the sun came up to watch. This, and Johnny Quest were the real jam back then.

Awesome memories and good times.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can echo the sentiments about the toys. When my parents got divorced, one of the things my brother and I always regretted leaving behind was the massive war chest of GI Joe and Transformer figures. It further pisses me off that once we left that house (not sure what my dad even left there once everyone moved out) some punk probably lucked into this treasure trove of toys.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
That Star Wars set and those water-filled toys are what I remember playing with the most at day care. Thanks for the memories!!

Please tell me somebody else had some Game & Watch games.

Some of my favorites:

99b30412.jpg

MarioBrosunit.jpg

bf-803.jpg

I still have Crystal Screen Balloon Fight! And one of these:

e15b357c264a1518c696820ce4590e4c.jpg

That was once the pinnacle of gaming in my life, and I still adored it!