The 80's Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You were born then, you grew up with this shit, so post your favorites...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Some more awesome:

(I know it's not official, but it's fucking awesome)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Might as well...

]
This isn't the video that used to be on Youtube, but it still kicks a bit of ass...

• 2Like

Szlia

The first 45 I bought:

I did not even know the song, it was an impulse buy.

I remember a summer holiday in Portugal where we listened a lot to a tape of Terence Trent D'Arby my brother had:

It's well after the '80s that I discovered things from that ear that I still listen to, like Pixies.

Or Sonic Youth (oddly the only decent quality version on youTube is a grab from the soundtrack of a movie):

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Max Headroom! That shit was awesome.

As for music, here are some classics not generally "known" by most. Goes to show you even the music that few know about from the 80s was still awesome. Totally the best music decade ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

and mooooar music

and of course since its getting close to christmas, this classic 80s christmas tune should be included.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How has the best song from the 80s not been linked? Peasants...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Holy Christ. I loved that song as a kid (I was probably 9 or 10 when it came out) but had no idea who sang it. I haven't heard that song in 20+ years at least.

That song is the epitome of grade school roller skate rink music

And to add to the discussion, the best thing to come out of the 80s, and it still doesn't sound dated even today

RIP George Harrison and Roy Orbison

• 2Like

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I remember a summer holiday in Portugal where we listened a lot to a tape of Terence Trent D'Arby my brother had:

So back in the late 80s I had an uncle who owned a dive bar in a small town near where I grew up. Every so often the family would go up there and spend an afternoon watching football and the kids would have fun playing shuffleboard & darts.

Anyways, there was a jukebox in the place, and I generally hated it. Was all old country & western music that I hated as a kid of the 80s(but I'm sure it catered well to his geriatric alcoholic clientel)

One weekend my cousins and I are up there with our parents and we decide to look over the jukebox just for the hell of it, well to my surprise it had the song quoted above, Wishing Well, and also had George Michael's "Monkey" for whatever weirdass reason. Was like 1 record that was in the machine, side A and side B were those 2 songs. My cousins and I threw a whole goddamn roll of quarter in that juke box and played those 2 songs alternatingly about 20 times apiece.

After about 4 turns of each, my uncle comes over and yanks the power plug out of the wall, lol. He was pissed. Those songs were not in there anymore the next time we visited

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I actually REALLY liked some of the country of the 80s. I think some of the best things about the 80s music is that most of it (obviously not all of it, but most) was about happiness, pleasure, love, support, etc. There was very little hate in music in the 80s, unlike today. It might be very fond memories of me and my dad driving to galveston from houston listening to country on the way when I was like 7-8 years old.

I'm sure most this board hates country but really there were some good ones then. I'll only put one
smile.png

And others 80s!

• 1Like

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much the only country music I like is 80s country music

• 1Like