The 90s kid thread

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I remember lawn darts. Our family used to play that shit all the time in the back yard during bbqs and shit. We never had any accidents with them though.

There was a lot of stupid shit around during those days. I specifically remember these fire crackers we had, they would launch in the air, blow up and then a parachute would open up and send the burning thing onto peoples roof tops.

Or the water rockets? Remember those? Fill them up with 3/4 water then pump them up with air until they shot up in the air (or explode in your face)?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The rise and fall of Squaresoft.

tumblr_m8aviy0XdC1qcadi4.gif

final_fantasy_iii_snes.jpg

36908-Final_Fantasy_VII_[NTSC-U]_[Disc1of3]-1.jpg

cover.jpg

So much win. So much win.

And then this happened:

The decline of the Final Fantasy franchise was such a disappointment to me growing up. It's like they got tired of making video games after 7 and tactics and decided to make shitty movies with game as a filler between scenes. As a final gift they made FFIX, but that isn't a 90's game so I can't include it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are cap guns still around? We would have such epic battles with our cap guns that the block would fill with that stinky cap smoke.

498_large_image.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah they are. My kids play with them, although they are not as popular as they were when we were kids. todays kids have air soft and nerf guns that are way more fun than cap guns.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
cigs2.jpg

The god damned irony. Marketing cigarettes to kids. Replacing tobacco with the other major cause of heart disease and cancer: sugar.

The 90's gave no fucks.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_67262.jpg

rrr_img_67263.jpg

rrr_img_67264.jpg

rrr_img_67265.jpg

rrr_img_67266.jpg

rrr_img_67267.jpg

I gave up after Winter's Heart. G RR Martin is probably going to choke on a can of cheez whiz and pull a Robert Jordan.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I remember being annoyed that I couldn't watch SNL because the Princess Diana crash was all over television.

Tenjikuronin

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I also played a lot of marbles in the late 80's and early 90s. I remember my mom showing me some fucked up old person version of marbles that nobody actually played anymore. Our version was with the "pot" in the ground and you had to shoot both the marbles into the pot.

Good ole childhood gambling.