The 90s kid thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
fa1678.jpg

il_570xN.469385841_p8o4.jpg

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember being annoyed that I couldn't watch SNL because the Princess Diana crash was all over television.
That night I was at a friends sleep-over birthday party and we spent the whole night playing The Incredible Toon Machine. I do recall one kid shouting "The bitch is dead!"

rrr_img_67281.gif
rrr_img_67282.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
DvD? in a 90s kids thread?
Sure, I had a DVD player in 1996. First DVD I ever bought was Twister. What a shit-ass movie. Of course, I was also 19 years old and it cost a goddamned fortune, doubt many kids had them in the 90s.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't miss having to flip DVDs for movies that were over 2 hours. My original Robin Hood(Kevin Costner & Morgan Freeman) DVD has to be flipped over halfway through. I had a couple others like that too...it was bullshit because then you could do standard aspect ratio on one side and widescreen on the other, like a lot of early DVDs. You had to really make sure you were buying the format you wanted(widescreen all the way for me)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What started as something really exciting and original ended up destroying metal for a few years:
Korn-Korn.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember this -- it used to be exciting to take the slip to the pick-up window and have the clerk bring you a new shrink-wrapped game from the back.
So much this. My grandfather would take my brother and I to Toys R Us to pick out some NES games. We'd buy 3 or 4 of the cheaper games randomly that we thought looked great. So many of them were garbage but some turned out awesome. A couple gems that I picked out were Crystalis and Mega Man 2. Two of my my all time favs.