The 90s kid thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hey what was the name of that kids game show where they're in some jungle theme and have to go through mazes n' obstacles. And there's a giant stone statue head talking shit throughout the show. And at the end they have to navigate through an open faced labyrinth trying to pair up some coin

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
^ I know what you're talking about but I forget the name
frown.png

Remember dis:
Funhouse_04.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey what was the name of that kids game show where they're in some jungle theme and have to go through mazes n' obstacles. And there's a giant stone statue head talking shit throughout the show. And at the end they have to navigate through an open faced labyrinth trying to pair up some coin

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
GOD DAMMIT ADEBISI, I didn't post shit related to your Avatar on purpose! Now try again!

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone else noticed in western media/popular thought he 90s has become the popular/glamour decade like the 60s were before it?

But fuck man it had some great shit.

You had some amazing musical artists getting a shocking amount of airplay/exposure in the mainstream. These top artists were not afraid to record stuff that might be popular beyond hipsters also.

Video Games went from something mildly amusing and mostly for children, to releasing stuff that was only a geeks fantasy a few years before. . In 10 years we went form Mario 3, to Everquest, Planescape torment, Final Fantasy 7, Quake 2 ect....

You had the golden Era of the J-rpg. So sad to see it's decline since then, the peak of the fighting and platforming genres.... Some truly glorious days in those last few years when technology had gotten good and the 2 year dev cycle and super commercial-maximization of games had completely taken over in the 00s. many 90s classic games would be vastly truncated or never made today.

Epic Fantasy Genre took off and gained huge popularity in books..

The Peak of Sci-fi on Television.

It was a great decade for geeks.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Big +1's for posting Final Fantasy II & III on SNES!

For some reason thought Captain N was in the late 80's. Regardless, Saturday morning cartoons will never be the same. It's a shame my kids don't know what it's like to experience Saturday morning like we did. Wish I had the time to post all the 80's and 90's stuff but have to take care of work first.... So I'll be back later
wink.png

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
OMG I was trying to explain this set to a friend the other day and couldn't find it. Along with this one, I used to make them battle the shit out of each other.

6988_Alpha_Centauri_Outpost.jpg

Then built forts for my NERF guns. Small fraction of the shit I had, but ones I used the most. Sadly that Manta Shield stopped a LOT of killshots

nerf-guns-1-470-0409-de.jpg

14t4ieu.jpg

juLPElY.jpg

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
If you were from Minnesota this was a staple of your 90's youth. Knee hockey! Of course the rich kids had the nets, poor kids like me had free stick hand-outs (which most I still have) from hockey tournaments and painter's tape on their basement walls.

XIob4gXLe9.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Man, fuck Surge.

My freshman year of college (96), my campus was an all coca-cola campus(no pepsi products in dining halls or sold anywhere), so instead of my go-to Mountain Dew I had to settle for Mellow Yellow. Not a terrible alternative. Well, Surge came to market that year and they pulled ALL the Mellow Yellow off of campus and put Surge in it's place. Fuck that horrid piss water. There were even kiosks put up all over campus giving away free Surge, and I wouldn't even take one while sweating my balls off on my half mile walk to class in 95 degree heat. That shit was so bad.