The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you've been turned off from playing because of a lower population, now would be the time to join: 100-120 online clients on average during the day.

2c05e45cd2.jpg
Underfoot support yet?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Updated the EQMac Windows Hack Fix. V14 is now available. Changes since last time:

- Fixed an issue where windows would constantly steal focus.
- Fixed an issue with fullscreen borderless windowed.
- Gamma slider now works ingame. Defaults to on, you can turn the automatic adjusting of gamma based on ingame settings off by using eqw2.ini if you prefer to be blind.
- Basic Trilogy Client support. Need to use eqgfx_dx8.dll and eqmain from this archive.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gzbh6t

Source has been removed from the archive as i'm now using Github to manage the code. If you're looking to visualize my cancer code, feel free. It's a mess.
SecretsOTheP/EQEmuLoginHook · GitHub

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gzbh6t

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Looking for someone familiar with AppleScript and AppleEvents in PPC/OSX.

If you have experience with this, post here so I can see a show of hands. I'd really love to get the PPC client working once again but I need to know how to pass AppleEvents from the system to the "EverQuest" application.

Those familiar with Mach-O binaries would help exceptionally.

The functions in question are "LaunchApplication", "AECreateDesc", "AECreateAppleEvent", and "AEDisposePointer", etc. I need a way to launch an application from the filesystem and pass two args (PSID and GHAD) as apple events.

Pelase contact me if you have any information about this. Thanks!

Furst_sl

shitlord
* NPCs will now ignore charmed pets when the number of entities on their hate lists reaches 9 or more. Entities includes players and pets.
Torven-
The charm limit was put in because we don't want people pet zerging raid bosses. It was put in no later than April 8 on Live, but I believe that patch note may have been late and it might have been put in earlier. Anyway, I didn't want to prevent single group charm tanking so I raised it. If I didn't put it in, Trakanon would be pet zerged with half a dozen krup knights and 5 epic mage pets this week, because I fixed his proc to not work on NPCs.
Some of the stuff Torven really does a great job at like the melee recalc, but nerfing one aspect that made AK so unique is now gone.

PS. I love the work Secrets has done on the client he is trying to update. Huge QoL change

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Torven-

Some of the stuff Torven really does a great job at like the melee recalc, but nerfing one aspect that made AK so unique is now gone.

PS. I love the work Secrets has done on the client he is trying to update. Huge QoL change
I think that some of the stuff like the charm pet changes are needed for this era for balance but I agree, they're not alkabor-like and a fine line needs to be drawn around what's acceptable and what's not for preservation.
If we recreated Al'Kabor to a perfect state you could use nodrop exploits to transfer items, you could put bags inside bags, you could ghostkill/monkbug, etc... but at the same time, there's some simple mechanic changes that could help the server.

I've already brought up my concern to Torven (I'm personally in favor of keeping mechanics as they were) and luckily none of this affects you as P2002 runs their own codebase (plus it has a rule to disable/enable the limit dynamically via rules, not that it'd affect you anyways.)

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Well, I'm glad at least some of my work meets with your approval.

Not sure why you guys care so much when you don't play here anymore. Even if it were not a rule, Stairs could easily remove it.

I made it a rule not just for you, but for us. It will not remain as-is in fact. Lets not pretend that your server doesn't deviate from AK. (Hotzones, custom ZEMs, god knows what else)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Loading this up. Getting the itch and miss the EQMac community. Hoping to burn a month or so on some good EQ.

Mascha

Trakanon Raider
Population has picked up during the holidays and 1,5 exp bonus sure helps. Kunark is out and level 60 gave a new goal. Epics are available many have them already. Game is pretty stable right now and it is a lot of fun - try it out!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
jumped on today for the first time in awhile. Rolled a ranger for kicks... people in PoK, handing out buffs, very nice peeps on this server. Would love to see more people get on this server. Great server to get your occasional EQ fix.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Might live out some scaly fantasy here as a beastlord or something.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Is it still 3 box max on this server? I got to like level 10 at launch then laptop died but things might be changing.