The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
At peak.. probably somewhere between 100-200. Why I was saying if this had double the pop, it would be one of, if not the best, emu out. I've always liked EQ at PoP though.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
At peak.. probably somewhere between 100-200. Why I was saying if this had double the pop, it would be one of, if not the best, emu out. I've always liked EQ at PoP though.
If the servers (TAKP and P2002) didn't split in two, they'd easily have between 200-300 online.

Dev drama only hurts the players in the end.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If the servers (TAKP and P2002) didn't split in two, they'd easily have between 200-300 online.

Dev drama only hurts the players in the end.
I got a message about P2002 server. I thought that was odd that two of the same type of servers would be developed. That is a shame... you're right though. That negatively impacts the players in the end.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Are these instructions out of date or something? When I try to add this patchme thing in I get an error.

Downloadhttps://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gzbh6t
Chrome may think its a virus
Extract it into your EQ directory
Downloadhttps://download.microsoft.com/downl...redist.x86.exeand run as admin
Right click eqgame.exe send to desktop and click create shortcut
Right click that new shortcut and click the Shortcut tab and in the Target field type"C:\EQMac\eqgame.exe patchme"with the quotes
Double click your new eqgame.exe shortcut instead of using eqw.exe

Tried using secrets thing here but nothing happens. I either get errors saying you cant have <> or it just says wait 5000 completed etc

Bonus HotkeyNet If You Plan on Boxing
The link above contains hotkeynet.exe and a Script.txt
This program will map your client windows to the hotkeys in the Script.txt file for instant window switch (no alt-tab)
Open Script.txt and edit it appropriately
Change each occurrence of
<Open "F:\TAKP PC\eqgame">
to
"<Open C:\YourEQMacDir\eqgame.exe" patchme>
Close and Save the Script
Start HotkeyNet.exe (You no longer use eqgame.exe shortcut)
Click Load Script button and make sure the one you edited is selected and loaded
Press Left Ctrl+F12 to open up 3 clients
Use the default hotkeys NumPadEnd, NumPadDown, NumPadPgDwn to switch between Client windows

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've thanked them before, but seeing them post again here just made me want to repeat it.

Nester's log was INVALUABLE for my database work on TAKP, (it's a very good log) and Fifey letting me use his account for VP really helped tremendously in getting that zone right.

Project EQ is importing parts of TAKP's database, so those contributions go far beyond this server.

Getting logs from people is like pulling teeth, so I haven't gotten much. People who share them should be recognized.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bump. This server is awesome. Most players are what I call dedicated casuals. Just finished up the last class epic (bard) four months after Kunark launch and working on VP keys. Great fun, great people, great server.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Bump. This server is awesome. Most players are what I call dedicated casuals. Just finished up the last class epic (bard) four months after Kunark launch and working on VP keys. Great fun, great people, great server.
It is a great server... wish I had more time to play. I'm going to get back into the swing of things eventually. Hate that population is fragmented between so many other emu servers. Now that EQMac was unplugged, this should be the "go to" server in my opinion.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Nester's log was INVALUABLE for my database work on TAKP, (it's a very good log) and Fifey letting me use his account for VP really helped tremendously in getting that zone right.

Project EQ is importing parts of TAKP's database, so those contributions go far beyond this server.
What sort of information specifically are you looking for from these logs? I might be able to rustle up some ancient logs from my backups and I have a technical background that might be of some assistance. Please feel free to PM me if interested in some help.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not sure how often Tor checks this thread anymore but he wants basically anything from Al`kabor that you can send. The more data he has the more he can tighten his maths and the closer we are too 100% accurate.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
I started a druid (Handar) and am up to 34. Planning on using them as a porter/farmer/power leveler, then maybe try some boxing. I never played past Luclin, and even as a druid, I just love the plane of knowledge. I imagine it's especially beneficial on a low population server like this. I was playing on P99, but I really like the lower population here and not having cut-throat competition for every spawn/camp.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Best dev team in EQ emu's putting out real updates every 2 weeks

Code:
Cavedude
* Fixed SE_CurrentHPOnce not updating the client properly.
* Fixed the long time spawn_conditions crash.
* Bind Sight will now be castable on targets in a different region.
* Players with See Invisible will now properly see other players who are hidden/invisible server side.
* Added a spot where Voice Graft should be faded when a pet leaves.
* /who all lfg will now function.
* /who all will now use a player's base race instead of their illusion race.
* /who is unaffected by both changes.
* Some minor logging changes.
Haynar
* Updated how character inventory is sent when zoning. This should improve zone times.
* Added checks for items in no rent bags, so their deletion can be logged better, if the no rent bag expires.
* Returned position update frequency to original setting.
* Fixed a legacy netcode issue that makes it look like client is lagging, when they really aren't.
* Added some checks to improve the reliability of trading and prevent item loss.
* Clients will no longer get group bugged, when they accept joining a group, but the group is already full.
* More fixes for groups getting bugged when someone gets disconnected while zoning.
* Changed some pet checks to be less CPU intensive.
Torven
* The melee mitigation algorithm has been updated for more accuracy. Very low level player and NPC mitigation in particular will be noticably more accurate.
* The player character damage multiplier function is now more precise.
* Weapon elemental damage now uses a simple function taken from a decompile instead of using the spell resist function. (decompile credit: Demonstar)
* Ripostes may now trigger from other ripostes. Client attacks while under a riposte discipline are now unripostable.
* AC buffs on NPCs fixed to not increase AC more than desired.
* Avoidance bonus from agility capped at 200 agility.
* Melee avoidance and mitigation AAs are now implemented and verified to be correct.

Database:
Robregen
* fixed faction for Bloodgill Goblins in LoIO.
* fixed the mushroom groundspawns in North Kaladim.
* Added a missing NPC "Draketamer" to Frontier Mountains.
* Added some missing static Gnolls in Blackburrow.
* Fixed the gate in Sol A to open all at once.
* Added a missing NPC "a soothsayer goblins" in Temple of Droga.
* Added missing loot "Drogan obsidian dagger" to goblin whipcracker in Temple of Droga.
* Added missing loot "Write of Di'Zok" to Korucust's Courier in Chardok.
* The door to Aeris Greymalkyn in Highkeep should now be perma-lock.
* Added a missing spellset to Froglok Dar Wizard in Sebilis
* Added a missing faction to "a rotting skeleton" in Nektulos Forest.
* All giants and cyclops including Hill Giants, Seafuries, and Forest Giants should now be immune to stun and mez (verified on live)
* Ssolet Dnaas should now be KOS to all except Iksars.
* Added a kobold missionary to Steamfont as part of a Eruden / the Warren quest.

Script:
Robregen
* restricted turn in to Surran on the appropiate islands for Plane of Sky.
* added timer to Bazzt_Zzzt in Plane of Sky to depop within a time limit.
Harakari
* Tazgar - Added faction hit on Hail and message triggers
* Tam Visilin - Added Message Trigger
* Pungla: Added message triggers and turnin
* Lokar To`Biath - Fixed Faction Rewards for Red Wine and Scribe of Dal Quest; Added missing text trigger
* Rysva To`Biath - Fixed Faction Rewards for Scribe of Dal / Book of Turmoil Quest
* Sister of Erollisi : Added missing text triggers
* Styria Feamon : Fixed Faction Reward for Pirate Earing and Erollisi Bracer Quest and Fixed Reward Messages
* Sinnkin Highbrow : Added missing message trigger and Fixed Faction Reward
* Phloatin HighBrow : Added missing text trigger
* Fixed Faction Reward for Regurgitonic Quest
* Frostbite: Add missing message trigger and added faction reward and text for Regurgatonic Quest
* Te`Anara: Added faction checks for starting Regurgitonic Quest
* Gregor Nasin: Fixed Faction Reward for turnin related to Barkeep Compendium
* Clurg: Added Faction checks for message triggers regarding clurgs revenge and the exotic drink quest
* Clurg: Added real message for starting imposter Quest
* Clurg: Fixed Faction Reward for turnin of Clurgs Revenge and Exotic Drinks
* Clurg: Added required faction checks for turnin of Clurgs Revenge and Exotic Drinks

Misc
Haynar
* updated hole pathfile.

Also: Dev server now allows GM commands, MQ, etc., in the name of testing. Velious making some good progress now that more players are empowered to test it out.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I might still have my logs from al'kabor. That would cover well ....pretty much every mob in the history of al'kabor over a period of 4-5? years.
I'll see if I can dig that shit up this week end.
There was also a lot of theorycrafting made in chat channels on AC values and avoidance mod values etc etc. I'm not sure how much of it I deleted or overwrote, hopefully not a lot.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm a little late to the show on most front. I really wanted to start early and be able to get a guise and manastone. Can I do that on TAKP?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nope itemization is same as AK (pop/2002) except for some OP items in kunark ATM like Jeldorin/SWC that are disabled until Velious

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Found 2 year worth of logs, that's all I got.
how to get them easily to Torrid and does he still need them?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Come play on TAKP where we tested things like Jolt/Concussion before being half way through Velious and they don't snap agro to you when cast.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I play on this server and it is solid. No zone discos, no random LD and so far no bugs. I play as Hosix, Slowsix and Lucero. If anyone needs a hand, some plat for spells or anything else send me a tell. So far the server population hovers around 60-90 daily and on the weekends 110 to 120.