The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Does Rogean haveanythingat all to do with TAKP? Either hardware or software, loginserver... ANYTHING?

I've been wanting to check it out so I can give the server a fair shake, but I'm not interested in logging in if Rogean hasanythingto do with it, or if he has access toanyof the data within the server, website, project, anything.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No he does not. He's not listed on the team and has never made a post on the forums afaik.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How many ways does someone have to tell you Rogean has nothing to do with this server? NO.

Even if they are in the same datacenter Rogean has no access to anything. That's like saying two websites both show up on Google results so they must be owned by the same people.

Server hosting was worked out with Akkadius who is the #1 contributor to theEQMacEmu project

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Rogean is in the same datacenter as Akkadius, both of which are firewalled off from each other. So no, Rogean cannot see your internets and I won't let him.

I guess I need to understand the division between Akkadius and Rogean, then.

Sure, it sounds like there is some kind of logical separation in the datacenter between the two game servers, but what about the login server? Isn't TAKP under Rogean's EQEmulator.org umbrella? He runs that whole thing, doesn't he?

Also, what about the personal relationship between those two? From what I've observed, Akkadius and Rogean are pals... and based on my own first-hand experiences, Rogean is such a dangerous, toxic person that I've sadly needed to adopt that whole "friend of your enemy" thing when it comes to him and his associates.

If you want to know the ridiculous things Rogean and certain P99 staff have done recently to threaten and harass me, shoot me a PM and I'll show you.

The final word is: I'm simply not going to install or play on TAKP if Rogean or his cronies are going to be able to use it asanothermeans to harass and troll my real life.

I'll rephrase the question slightly...

Does Rogean (or one of his "companies", or any of his hardware or software) touch ANY part of the TAKP server, website, forums, login process, database, ANYTHING?

Also, does he have ANY level of access via guide/GM accounts?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No. Play on the server or don't but stop asking if Rogean has his hands on it. He does not.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually TAKP is a selectable server in a LIST of servers when you first login (through the EQEMU host located in your eqhost.ini).

I think it actually falls right under the Project 1999 servers on that list (how convenient).

The internets sent from your client are routed through the EQEMU (Which Rogean owns) and are therefore susceptible to his DLL that scans your computer and bank accounts for credit card and pin numbers.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's an address reference list. Just because TAKP shows up on it doesn't mean you're being routed through anything. It points you to loginserver.takproject.org:6000 and that's all.

Rogean does not ownEQEmuand if you think he does you're probably mistaken about a lot of things. He runs his own closed source branch of it.

The client we use can't connect to the EQEmu login server, and the clients thatcanconnect to it aren't compatible with TAKP.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Here's the entire team:The AlKabor Project Team

I can't speak to anyones relationships other than to say Rogean has nothing to do with the server.

Faulting them for essentially being in the same building as Rogean is like calling the SEAL member that killed Osama a terrorist.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Green I love ya but goddamn you are going a little nuts. Akkadius is good people and has been doing it for forever.