The Animated GIF Thread

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
We didn't usually put the bar down until we were 10 to 20 foot off the ground. Many, if not most, lifts have a footrest on the bar that felt good to rest your skis on, for the trip up the mountain.

I have skied almost every place in Colorado, and I don't remember any lift that didn't have a bar, but then, it's not something you necessarily take note of.

Every outing I have seen inexperienced people fall getting on or off a lift (while I was waiting at the top or bottom) and a few experienced people (probably) just get unlucky in catching an edge on dismount (a good dismount is more difficult for boards, than skis). Every skier has been stuck on a stopped lift, when someone messes up. If its a busy time of year, you can count on being on the lift while it's stopped, due to people falling, multiple times a day. Staying away from he n00b slopes will cut that down immensely.

For reference on how the vast majority of people look as they travel up the mountain.
View attachment 462368

Gif for the thread:
ski lift fail GIF
Always use the bar just to rest my foot (snowboarder) but, I used to volunteer at a place called Camelback in the Poconos and have seen people fall because of a strong gust and not using the bar.
Uh Oh Oops GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user