The Astronomy Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
He responded to that guy, that bob a thon guy wasn't entirely persuasive. He had to snipe at the edges of his theories, or try to apply "standard paradigms" when this guy has just a completely different viewpoint of reality. Sniping at Some 30 second part of a 4 hour lecture and when this guy does a 4 hour talk he uses analogies, I'm sure he's not the first guy to use a penis analogy.

he's an oddball self taught guy, but his math works at least superficially and his theories are interesting.

http://theresonanceproject.org/letter-to-dr-bob-a-thon
All of these theories require ignoring parts of reality to make them work. This guy simply has chosen to ignore different parts of reality.

One of the fundamental problems with math is that it allows people to do things that nature can not. This means that math can be used to explain everything in nature, but it is extremely dangerous to assume that because math allows something that nature does too. Making those sort of connections is terrible at best.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I've spent too much time listening to physics lectures to not know there are alot of things in our current understanding that are incompatable on different scales and only work if you choose to ignore parts of reality.

I'm not saying it's true it's just interesting, even if it's the physics equivalent of phlogiston, phlogiston gets a bad rap, it was a necessary step in the advancement of chemistry and physics to help arrive at the real answer. Knowledge fills a vacuum and having something to work with (like an idea about the structure of the energy in empty space) could lead to a real discovery down the road.

he's not Einstein just some oddball guy that is fun to listen to, I dig radical perspectives, if you don't then go read your university approved text books and be happy.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
He also appears to be one of these Ancient Alien & Free Energy dipshits. Probably buys into Pyramid Power and all the typical fucked up shit that seems to come with the territory.

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/...mein-debunked/
all that says is there is a lack of evidence they would accept, lack of evidence doesn't prove or disprove a theory, it's just that, lack of evidence.

stuffs probably wrong but so what, it's not like famous scientists didn't believe in weird things.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do not engage the tinfoil hat wearing moron or this thread will get shit up just like the politics one.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The strength of any theory, or concept relies on the amount of evidence that supports it. All such evidence can be reduced to nothing, if there is even one instance where the theory is proven wrong. Any such incident would come under heavy scrutiny if it were to fly in the face of established ideas.

If however, there is no evidence to support a claim, the claim is essentially dismissible, or not of much importance. In such a case, finding evidence to disprove it as well, is unnecessary.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The strength of any theory, or concept relies on the amount of evidence that supports it. All such evidence can be reduced to nothing, if there is even one instance where the theory is proven wrong. Any such incident would come under heavy scrutiny if it were to fly in the face of established ideas.

If however, there is no evidence to support a claim, the claim is essentially dismissible, or not of much importance. In such a case, finding evidence to disprove it as well, is unnecessary.
^

Brad2770

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...orth_pole.html

744808main_pia14944-full_full.jpg

744808main_pia14944-full_full.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'd love to see an accurate color picture instead of black and white or infrared false color.

Brad2770

Saturn's rings visible with something as simple as a pair of binoculars. Check out the blackhole near Uranus as well.