213.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 4th pic.JPG
    4th pic.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Great pics! What filter / camera were you using? I had to dig my old canon 7d out for this one. The filter I used was a sheet of filter cut to fit a clear lens and it was 'leaking' bad as it would not lay flat and I didn't have enough to fuck up and try again. I was actually really happy with the results....until I saw yours.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If SpaceX is is held up because of concerns about the local environment I'm going to find out which species of fish or birds or whatever are most impacted and then find semi-legal ways to make them extinct or at least kill them in droves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If SpaceX is is held up because of concerns about the local environment I'm going to find out which species of fish or birds or whatever are most impacted and then find semi-legal ways to make them extinct or at least kill them in droves.

thats the excuse not the reason

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Did you mean to timestamp that? The whole thing is fairly interesting; from what I remember he is calling for reevaluating how physics is looked at, since a unified theory seems to be as out of reach today as it was 30 years ago. I don't know enough about it to judge how far out there he is though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah its a clip of a 3 hour podcast. And if its timestamped I apologize, I fixed it. it covers the point of this go to mars thing and elon. Like Ok so you get there and what? Its a fucking dead rock just like the moon is. So he explains pretty well how our physics have been co-opted by dumb shit like string theory and quantum gravity for the better part of 50 yrs now with little to no outcomes. While the real physics is at a stand still. And only physics will truly get us off this rock, and its not rockets.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah its a clip of a 3 hour podcast. And if its timestamped I apologize, I fixed it. it covers the point of this go to mars thing and elon. Like Ok so you get there and what? Its a fucking dead rock just like the moon is. So he explains pretty well how our physics have been co-opted by dumb shit like string theory and quantum gravity for the better part of 50 yrs now with little to no outcomes. While the real physics is at a stand still. And only physics will truly get us off this rock, and its not rockets.
Buhbuh they totally proved quantum gravity and didn’t detect just magnetic waves with their sensitive magnetism detector.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's an interesting (and pretty valid) take. I can see modern communication fucking up the advancement of science. In the olden days, guys discovered shit because they didn't have social media and the internet telling them that 5 other guys had already "disproven" what they just actually proved.

Now it's the world of scientists not bothering to "explore new ideas" because some journal posted a few articles telling them what is and isn't possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I have no idea what physics funding is like, but aside from human medicine, research funding with any practical applications is nearly DOA in life sciences. The fart sniffing body of researchers who review and approve grants are so far up their own assholes they will literally tell you "the only research we're interested in funding is research that changes or adds a line in a textbook."

Its hard to imagine physics is much different. Academic research - i.e. most of science - is a zombie shambling around only as long as the rotting corpse lasts.