The Astronomy Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A lot of shit has to go right for that to play out but based on what SpaceX has done already I wouldn't bet against them.
I wish they punctuated the predictive timeline with many failures, including failures that eradicated all passengers and a city block or two

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it is cool. Lets kids with physical disabilities be able to see people with similar conditions do stuff like go into space and also general people that you can still do very physically demanding things, kind of like how the paralympics shows people can still perform at a high level.

I remember attending this seminar and they had a dude who had suffered double leg amputations due to frostbite. He was an avid mountain climber and he had specialized leg attachments that let him mountain climb to an insane degree (like specialized feet that let him use cracks/small rock outcrops that a regular foot could never use effectively). I would be curious to see what type of prosthetic limbs they might develop for zero G usage.
I'm ready for Kevin Easterday and Half Man Short E to take turns on the ISS as semi-permanent astronaut technicians.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Joking aside, I see nothing wrong with amputees, assuming they are trained and still capable of doing the job. It would be perfect for someone missing legs, even someone in a wheel chair on the ground, could do well with all that upper body strength.

Long as it isn't Cindy, with the hump, service poodle, I gots 37 disorders, lawd I can't breathe, type disabled.
20210507_172446.jpg

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sensor array. Do you Star Trek? 🤷
How do they know the continuum transfunctioner hasn't transmogrified its' planar array field drive? Have they even taken that into account, huh have they?!?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It would be ridiculously hilarious if the Ingenuity drone just flew over and dropped a bomb on China's rover and then NASA was like "No, Ingenuity was nowhere near there at the time, it must have been some other drone".

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users