The Astronomy Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
<Bronze Donator>
13,935
53,872
Was I the only one nervous? Expecting some Challenger type shit? Soooooo glad this went so well.
 
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,225
10,916
Was I the only one nervous? Expecting some Challenger type shit? Soooooo glad this went so well.
nah even NASA admitted they succumbed to pressure for Challenger. They have sensors for the sensors now. I was glad I was able to get home to watch it on my TV.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

Brad American
<Gold Donor>
29,147
43,100
Lets see how much CGI has improved in the past 50 years.
 
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

<Bronze Donator>
29,554
40,115
Any guesses that the return to the moon will cost more adjusted for inflation than we spent in the entire decade of the 60s to get their the first time?
 

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
48,290
175,191
Lets see how much CGI has improved in the past 50 years.
The real telling part will be if somehow the stuff that worked in the 60's (radio communication, video that you could make out things in, etc) just doesn't seem to function on this one.
 

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
48,290
175,191
Really surprised they don't have some aircraft flying around with a professional recording it. I mean, I would've assumed airspace that close would be closed, but since it's not, why not capture something awesome officially?
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,477
85,803
Really surprised they don't have some aircraft flying around with a professional recording it. I mean, I would've assumed airspace that close would be closed, but since it's not, why not capture something awesome officially?
The helicopters and aircraft NASA uses to photograph and video the launches would probably be surprised they don't exist as well.
 

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,068
15,557
Not counting the smell from #2, the bigger issue would be the urine. That is going to take up way more volume and be harder to store - plus if a bag ruptures, you have a risk of liquid droplets getting into the electronics
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,225
10,916
Not counting the smell from #2, the bigger issue would be the urine. That is going to take up way more volume and be harder to store - plus if a bag ruptures, you have a risk of liquid droplets getting into the electronics
but isn't that pretty much exactly what they did in 69-72?