The attack of the Red White and Blue in our very own homes.

Oldbased

> Than U
It isn't that it needs removed, it is my older Z560 Logitech speaker control unit is a dull blue, dull green. Even the LG with the damn bulb under it brand new is a dim red but some of these leds are seriously like lasers. It is not needed to illuminate a room with leds.
Make them dim or a control switch to cut voltage really.

I agree somewhat Kreugan my last Vizio was 230ish watts for TV alone, and TWC HDDRV boxes I don't know power output but it would cook meals on those boxes. With all new stuff however isn't so bad. My TV is now 42 watts I think. The DISH box barely gets warm. I bought a APC from staples Friday and it reads 280 watts in gaming load, that is everything but my TV/DISH box and speaker system so I am probably pushing 400 now total compared to 800 a few months ago. Have literally felt the difference in heat. I live with a woman who is 51 however and has MS and she is cold at 75, so I leave house 76 and my room I run a 500 watt window ac in summer with a 30" fan. My room stays about 65. I do that cause as anyone here who works in labor knows you are hot even when its cool, the body just retains that heat from working. I have to have a ice box.

I did send feedback to Netgear and really laid into Hanns G for the rear facing blue blinking lights. Not needed. Black electrical tape cured most of it however until I can get around to staining this Oak I bought today to making a cabinet since my remotes are IF anyways. Going to cabinet most of this stuff in a 20"tallx16 deepx18 wide box.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
When did you work at Radio Shack? I didn't think the blues even hit the market until the '90s. I looked around on Jameco a little bit and white/blue LEDs still seem to be priced higher, though I suppose it's possible that their price has been dropping over the years relative to the old standard LED colors. I don't know what to tell you about "high output" LEDs unless it was harder at the time to create stuff like red/green LEDs that were anywhere near as efficient in regards to output to something like a blue, but then again I don't know when you worked at RS either. I do know that I was told just recently when looking at ordering LEDs in bulk not to bother with white or blue because of the cost and not having color-specific needs, but I couldn't tell you if that is an outdated opinion or if it still stands.
Yeah, blue LED's weren't even possible until 93/94 apparently. Hence why in the late 90's and early 00's all of the sudden EVERYTHING had blue LED's on it, there was a novelty factor. Everyone had seen red/green for decades, blue was NEW.

Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, I would imagine that they're more expensive than red/green, not cheaper.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This shit seriously needs to stop. It's an important factor in my buy/return policy now. I specifically tell them why too. It needs to percolate up to whoever decides this.