The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

kementarii_sl

shitlord
I have played all of them except 1-3 and 13-2(which I am playing very soon). I enjoyed every one of them in some form or other. They all had awesome and terrible things about them; but in the end 12 was the only one I hated so bad I could not finish.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Square Enix just announced that the Final Fantasy X HD remake is also going to contain an X-2 remake. They'll be released in North America sometime this year. Release trailer is coming out on Monday (March 25).

fromhttp://kotaku.com/5991900/awesome-th...-north-america:
Square Enix Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that it will be releasing the HD remastered editions of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 in 2013 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment systems.

"These games are classic fan-favorites, and we hope that new and old Final Fantasy fans can experience the world of Spira and the story of Tidus and Yuna in a brand-new light with these remastered editions," said Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is a single disc bundle that will be available on the PlayStation 3 system. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster will be available for the PlayStation Vita system.
also fromhttp://squareportal.net/2013/03/22/f...ble-on-monday/
Update: Both games are based on the International version, which is the most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release.
Screenshots look good so far, can't wait!
rrr_img_18449.jpg
rrr_img_18448.jpg

note: The board keeps compressing these .jpgs when I upload them, making them look like shit. Go to one of the links I quoted above if you want to see the higher quality screenshots.

rrr_img_18449.jpg

rrr_img_18448.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
The HQ screenshots on the site look great. I am definitely going to pick this up. Getting both X and X-2 and them being the International versions with extra features = instant buy for me.

Square's HD remasters look way better than anyone else's too. Both these games and the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix actually have had a bunch of texture work done on them unlike other "HD remakes" where they just throw the original game into a 720p renderer.

Official site here:http://www.finalfantasyxhd.com/us/index.php

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Any idea if this means a HD remake of FFXII-ZJS is coming eventually?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Any idea if this means a HD remake of FFXII-ZJS is coming eventually?
I think it's very probable. Though it might be a while. They had literallyonly2peopleworking on the KH1.5 Final Mix HD remake and I think the same amount working on the FFX/X-2 HD remakes and it has taken them quite a while to get them out. The KH guys are probably moving on to KH2.5 and the FFX guys could very well be moving onto a FFXII-IZJS remaster.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Is it too much to hope that these are the Dark Aeon / Last Mission versions?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder what their excuse for remaking these before (if ever) they do 7 will be.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I wonder what their excuse for remaking these before (if ever) they do 7 will be.
It's about a billion times easier to upscale a PS2 game than completely remake a PS1 game and they basically used a 2 man team to do it while remaking FF7 would require a full development crew.

Pretty fucking obvious.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, thats a good excuse, but I'd hope 7 wouldn't take a full crew, and I'd think it would have more sales potential. Plus it's what I'd rather have damn it!

Sean_sl

shitlord
Okay, thats a good excuse, but I'd hope 7 wouldn't take a full crew, and I'd think it would have more sales potential. Plus it's what I'd rather have damn it!
They would have to remake the entire game from scratch and the only assets that would be usable would be the Script (which would need some tweaking too). So yeah, it would take a full team and basically be like making an entirely new game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If by "quality" they mean "sales." Everything since VII except for VIII has easily exceeded it in quality.

Definitely looking forward to the X/X-2 remaster though. I couldn't care less about X since I played the PAL version which was already "International", the most significant difference was the expert grid, and I hated most of the game anyway. X-2 International + Last Mission, however, contains a whole lot of actual content that was never translated to English and trying to play it with a guide sucked. Plus X-2 was always hell to fully emulate; even today with the best CPUs available it's still glitchy at best.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Any idea if PS4 will get a copy?! I don't have a ps3 yet, so I'd rather wait.