The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Can't hear you guys over the sound of your impending infractions.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Moved this back to Other games because it had good discussion in it. It'll stay here as long as Araysar stops being a dumbfuck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can't load the link but has a release date been given for FFX HD re-release? I want to pick it up for my PS3

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
SqEnix is like Japan's Blizzard. They release when they're good and ready.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Is there a cohesive timeline/story linking all of the Final Fantasy games together? I've only played a handful of them here or there and I was always curious if they were somehow connected if you played them from 1 to XXIIVL or whatever the latest one is.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Is there a cohesive timeline/story linking all of the Final Fantasy games together? I've only played a handful of them here or there and I was always curious if they were somehow connected if you played them from 1 to XXIIVL or whatever the latest one is.
Nope, totally separate games. The only ones that fit together are direct sequels like X-2 and XIII-2. They share some common themes and references, but for all intents and purposes they are completely separate worlds and universes.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not really, in my understanding. Except in the cases of the -2 games (X-2, XIII-2), there is only some persistent lore & monsters (airships, chocobos, tonberry, etc) that are shared between the main series titles. Each setting is presumed to be an entirely separate world.

EDIT: Sean beat me to the punch with an eerily similar post, lol.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I always thought the 'I'll-now-throw-an-atom-bomb-at-you-and-pling-5-damage' was kinda silly. Is this still a theme in the later games? Is there a release for PS3? I'm looking for something to do with my old box while babysitting
smile.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
I always thought the 'I'll-now-throw-an-atom-bomb-at-you-and-pling-5-damage' was kinda silly. Is this still a theme in the later games? Is there a release for PS3? I'm looking for something to do with my old box while babysitting
smile.png
Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX are all on the PSOne Classics part of PSN. There's also XIII and XIII-2 for regular PS3 games and this fall FFX/X-2 are getting a HD Remake on the PS3 in one package.

I don't think III is on PSN, could be wrong. XII might be getting a HD remake at some point.