The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't know that some people thought FF13 was not the worst final fantasy game. FF12 was good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, FF2 was really good, the battle with Milon on the mountain was one of the best FF experiences of my childhood.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't understand how this hasn't been mentioned by anyone but me in another thread as the worst FF game.

Final_Fantasy_Mystic_Quest_Box_Art.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really don't understand how this hasn't been mentioned by anyone but me in another thread as the worst FF game.
I mentionned it on page2, however there's some very subtle sarcasm and I actually say it's the best FF.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I stand corrected, you did mention it. Sad to say I have played through it.
Oh I did too, multiple times even. Back then I didn't have too many games and I found it pretty decent. I hadn't played FF6, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire and such yet though. Thinking about it, it might have been my first jrpg. All I remember about the game however is you had to buy an axe to cut a tree or you needed a minotaur character with an axe to cut it or that you cut a tree and then there was a minotaur boss. Something like that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh I did too, multiple times even. Back then I didn't have too many games and I found it pretty decent. I hadn't played FF6, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire and such yet though. Thinking about it, it might have been my first jrpg. All I remember about the game however is you had to buy an axe to cut a tree or you needed a minotaur character with an axe to cut it or that you cut a tree and then there was a minotaur boss. Something like that.
I just remember it was as basic as it got...1 companion at a time, one or two you might have gotten multiple times, and their weapons or something had special abilities you could use to get across terrain like you said. I don't think it was really a FF game they just adapted a game as the FF for beginners adventure or whatever. man Breath of Fire, forgot about that series. Liked 1 and 2 a lot, never played any of the later titles.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Wait, wait, so FF XXIII sucks? What should I get for PS3 then that does not suck, but still has decent graphics?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wait, wait, so FF XXIII sucks? What should I get for PS3 then that does not suck, but still has decent graphics?
FFXXIII? (23?)

Wait till Sean learns of this. You'll be in the rickshaw for years

ON a serious note, get FF2 (Kain and Cecil) and FF3 (locke and Terra). They are the best versions.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll give a nod to FF mystic quest in one regard, some of the music was pretty catchy. I even have some on my playlists.

Sean_sl

shitlord
13's not very good, 13-2 is pretty good though. 7/8/9 you're probably really better off emulating with epsxe since they're extremely painful on the eyes otherwise. 1/5/6 on PSN are all perfectly playable though.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I must be one of the only people on earth that didn't mind 13. Meh.

Szlia

[FF Mystic Quest] might have been my first jrpg.
It was madeinJapan, butforAmerica. It was designed as a stepping stone for players unfamiliar with jrpg, so one could say it's a proto-jrpg.

There are some Final Fantasy that have not be mentioned in this thread I believe though: Final Fantasy Legend I, II & III on GameBoy (that are actually not FF but SaGa games), Final Fantasy Adventure also on GameBoy (a FF spin-off that is the first in the Secret of Mana serie) and... did anyone mention Crystal Chronicles on GameCube? I can't comment much on them though because I have not played any of them. All I know is that FF Adventure was supposed to be pretty good and that you could fight God at the end of one of the FF Legend game and that you could one shot him with a chainsaw (an idea I always found refreshingly iconoclast).

Sean_sl

shitlord
I must be one of the only people on earth that didn't mind 13. Meh.
I didn't outright hate FF13, but I do think it's one of the weakest titles. The only genuinely bad one I've played is FF2, though I haven't played FF3 yet. I guess I should download it to my PSP.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not sure if srs due to numbering, but Dragons Dogma is pretty dam amazing.
Was being very serious, but I see there is an X that slipped my mind, yeah. Dragons Dogma? That's not FF, right?

13's not very good, 13-2 is pretty good though. 7/8/9 you're probably really better off emulating with epsxe since they're extremely painful on the eyes otherwise. 1/5/6 on PSN are all perfectly playable though.
Okay, that's better. I'll see if I can get my hands on 13-2 or perhaps 1/5/6. Thanks again
smile.png