The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been awhile since I replayed FF2(4) on my SNES, but I recall those same areas where I needed to grind some. The equipment in the Sealed Cave usually pushed me over the top and like Rezz said if you went through killing all of the door monsters you got major exp and a couple of extra levels this way.
Everything was rebalanced in the DS remake, but unless you're running from every random encounter, you should be high enough level to breeze through the demon wall. It's a joke fight by the standards of the DS remake, especially considering how fucking hard many of the other boss fights became. The only other way I can imagine someone having trouble with demon wall is if you didn't do the Eidolon and Sylph caves first. In which case, take your silly ass out of the sealed cave and clear those two places, and come back marveling at how hard a Leviathan summon hits for.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only other way I can imagine someone having trouble with demon wall is if you didn't do the Eidolon and Sylph caves first. In which case, take your silly ass out of the sealed cave and clear those two places, and come back marveling at how hard a Leviathan summon hits for.
I remember some friends not even knowing about those caves until later on. It's been a long time, but wasn't the only thing you needed to do in either was to wake up Yang at some point, who then joined your party briefly before leaving again. When I say needed to do, I mean required to advance the story. They missed out on a ton of treasure and exp by not finding them earlier.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I was taking opposition to calling it a grind *now* and the idea that it would be some sort of barrier to people playing it.
You are walking back and forth with the intent of grinding out a few levels and GP so that you could proceed with the game proper. Short or long, that is the word for it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meh. Crisis Core was a solo hero story for the most part, and it was a good game.

I'll reserve judgement until it's out.

Siliconemelons

So, now their two new console FF games are action DMC/GoW games?

In FF7 CC you could still tell it was a turn based system for the most part- I think CC is the most "action-y" I can consider a game and still say its a "RPG" just because there may be stats or exp and stuff its still and action game imo. And FF7 CC was good because it was a prequel where they could not make the story too overly convoluted and by hell they tried, they tried really hard... what after they wake up in the shin ra mansion after the reactor stuff and are on the way back to midgar they take a small side trip to finish the game, oh then back to the truck scene - all of it was well done... and they even had to put in there that deepground took the "no still not dead" genesis ... so they still have a game to make after FF7AC and DoC if they so desire.

So Sqeenix is still leaveing me yearning for a 5-6 character party traditional style jrpg in a high fantasy with steampunk to magic-tech influences world with a great story, characters and music.

oh well

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So, now their two new console FF games are action DMC/GoW games?

In FF7 CC you could still tell it was a turn based system for the most part- I think CC is the most "action-y" I can consider a game and still say its a "RPG" just because there may be stats or exp and stuff its still and action game imo. And FF7 CC was good because it was a prequel where they could not make the story too overly convoluted and by hell they tried, they tried really hard... what after they wake up in the shin ra mansion after the reactor stuff and are on the way back to midgar they take a small side trip to finish the game, oh then back to the truck scene - all of it was well done... and they even had to put in there that deepground took the "no still not dead" genesis ... so they still have a game to make after FF7AC and DoC if they so desire.

So Sqeenix is still leaveing me yearning for a 5-6 character party traditional style jrpg in a high fantasy with steampunk to magic-tech influences world with a great story, characters and music.

oh well
That's what I want too.. is it really so much to ask for?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Some background on FF15 chars

Square Enix has released official character bios for the main characters of Final Fantasy XV, which allows us to glean some insight into the game's plot.

First up, it transpires the main character of Noctis Lucis Caelum, or "Noct" as he's often referred to, suffered a childhood affliction that has left him able to see a heavenly light that enables him to sense others' deaths. Despite being the heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, Noctis rejects royal convention even to the point of being something of a renegade, though his loyalty to those around him is unquestionable.

Next, Gladiolus Amicitia is lord of the noble House Amicitia, which is sworn to protect the crown. Despite this, the bond between "Gladio" and Noctis goes deeper than simply being one of duty, but is instead one of friendship.

Ignis Scientia was raised to offer his unwavering voice of reason in counsel to Noctis. Weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from youth, he and Noctis share a deep mutual understanding and trust built on years of familiarity.

Prompto Argentum is a mischievous playboy who knows Noctis from school. Being from outside the royal circle has left him with a chip on his shoulder, but he's still eager to help in any way he can.

Finally, Lord Commander Cor Leonis is a living legend, completely devoted to the king. Though he and Noctis' ragtag band of followers rarely see eye to eye, he is honour bound to protect them.

Additionally, accompanying text about the plot reads, "The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance."

rrr_img_32403.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
looks like the backstreet boys or something.

also why are all the names Latin? and I don't mean Gloria Estefan Latin... or do I?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
looks like the backstreet boys or something.

also why are all the names Latin? and I don't mean Gloria Estefan Latin... or do I?
Fuck me, now I can't get it out of my head. That picture totally looks like a fucking boy band :-/

It's all really shitty latin too, like MMO guild name shitty latin.

Nightlight of the Heavens

Sword of Friendship

Fire of Knowledge

To Distribute Silver or Widely Distributed Silver, they probably didn't mean to use Prompto, Prompte Argentum would be something like Resolute Silver

Heart of a Lion/Lionhearted

About as subtle as a fucking sledgehammer.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Jesus Christ, I'm glad I stopped playing Final Fantasy games 15 years ago if this is how they look now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep, gone are the 8 colors and 4 pixels of your generation McCheeseDICK

just kidding... they look so gay. Kuriin gay perhaps. Or is it kuriin? FUCK IF I KNOW.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You never saw Locke, Edgar, Terra, and Celes coordinating their fucking outfits. And who the fuck wears combat boots with highwaters. Who the fuck wears highwaters.