The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Siliconemelons

I hate that the interviewer is already asking "So are you going to stop useing the classic elements and move this series 'forward'..." the "old shit" is what makes this and 4heros enjoyable by the targeted and intirested audiance, let those that want the "new" crap play ff15 and lightning returns and buy tons of stupid costumes and crap.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I hate that the interviewer is already asking "So are you going to stop useing the classic elements and move this series 'forward'..." the "old shit" is what makes this and 4heros enjoyable by the targeted and intirested audiance, let those that want the "new" crap play ff15 and lightning returns and buy tons of stupid costumes and crap.
Seriously, if it's not broke, don't rape it and completely change the image of the franchise.

Siliconemelons

Noodlefart is jealous that he doesn't have an awesomely awesome beautiful Golden Zelda 3DS XL.
It is a nice machine- I didnt know the entire thing was gold though just thought the standard color part was- the black/black is a slick one also- and the mario luigi one thats out now thats silver is sick looking.

3ds is being very worth it right now, wife loves it- zelda, mario and this basically make the system, much like those games make the WiiU lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodlefart is jealous that he doesn't have an awesomely awesome beautiful Golden Zelda 3DS XL.
cool.png
Deal with it

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know this is probably not a legitimate complaint but I am really sick of games making me look for some faggot ass crystals.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously, if it's not broke, don't rape it and completely change the image of the franchise.
Hell, even as someone who wants the 'new "crap"' (Lightning Returns anyway, FFXV: Boy Band Adventures can still fuck right off) I agree with this. What an idiotic question to ask, when what people should be asking is why we can't have both styles on real consoles instead of limiting classic ones to stupid handhelds only.

Sean_sl

shitlord
what people should be asking is why we can't have both styles on real consoles instead of limiting classic ones to stupid handhelds only.
There is no actual answer to this question that is valid. Bad management has just totally fucked shit up and they have no excuse for what they've done. People would still buy huge, turn-based, party-based RPGs and probably more so than the new stuff they've done.

Crone

Yes, but I think it's lack of funding rather than laziness.

The first half which isn't repetitive and lazy is as much as a modern RPG and the repetitive parts of the second half can be skipped.
Between the auto button, and ability to speed up time, I feel it won't be that big of a deal? Maybe.

I need to step it up and finish some more of the demo. Is there a point in the demo where I can say hey, I did everything that will carry over to the actual game? or does everything carry over?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Between the auto button, and ability to speed up time, I feel it won't be that big of a deal? Maybe.

I need to step it up and finish some more of the demo. Is there a point in the demo where I can say hey, I did everything that will carry over to the actual game? or does everything carry over?
Yeah, there's a guy you can talk to on the far left side of the screen that tells you all of your bonuses.

Crone

Yeah, there's a guy you can talk to on the far left side of the screen that tells you all of your bonuses.
Oh right, I think you get one of them towards the very beginning of the game. Good to know. Thank you.

Chris

Potato del Grande

I haven't played the demo but it sounds like it isn't related much to the actual game?

People were talking about having classes WAY before you get them in the actual game. You get 4 jobs in the prologue and 4 roughly leading up to each Crystal with 2 being endgame.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There is no actual answer to this question that is valid. Bad management has just totally fucked shit up and they have no excuse for what they've done. People would still buy huge, turn-based, party-based RPGs and probably more so than the new stuff they've done.
I would imagine the dev costs are quite a bit less for 3ds than real consoles. Much less has to be spent on artwork and graphics comparatively.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I would imagine the dev costs are quite a bit less for 3ds than real consoles. Much less has to be spent on artwork and graphics comparatively.
Right, but that's different than what questions asked. They still make big 3D console RPGs, there's just not as many turn-based as ones anymore and instead they make stuff like FF13 and Lightning Returns and FF15. They could be making big games and still have turn-based, party-based combat and not well... that. I doubt that what they're making sells more than the old style.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know about the 3DS but the DS was a dream to develop on. It basically gave you a contract of "You have this many polys on screen you'll get this many FPS." It left all the guess work out of the job. There wasn't stuff to tweak it was just heads down getting your game design in the code. Again don't know about if they have the same stuff for 3DS but each game I've played ran quite smooth.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Right, but that's different than what questions asked. They still make big 3D console RPGs, there's just not as many turn-based as ones anymore and instead they make stuff like FF13 and Lightning Returns and FF15. They could be making big games and still have turn-based, party-based combat and not well... that. I doubt that what they're making sells more than the old style.
Oh, I agree with you then. I thought the question was why some games are 3ds only, not why thatstyleof game seems to be 3ds only.