The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some redditor reviewer said the ending is fucking weird but makes perfect sense given the rest of the series.. whatever that means

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With all the recent criticism of critics not being critical - plus it's departure from being a "REAL RPG" - 6-8 is about what I'd expect even if it was a near perfect title.

Crone

Does the 3DS have any integration to a nintendo website? Login, enter codes, shows up on your 3DS? Or is everything always done through the console itself?

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Question, the freelancer says it gets more powerful as the character masters other classes. Is there some magic job level (ie 20) that every job has that = freelancer job gets a bonus, or is it as the toon gains any levels in any job, the freelancer job gets a boost?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Question, the freelancer says it gets more powerful as the character masters other classes. Is there some magic job level (ie 20) that every job has that = freelancer job gets a bonus, or is it as the toon gains any levels in any job, the freelancer job gets a boost?
I'm going to guess it's lv14 (max job level). I can't see even the best possible Freelancer stats making up for no broken ability combos.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Thief + Freelancer is one of the ultra broken combos. Not sure how Freelancer stats compare to Thief though if put as primary class.

Needless

Toe Sucker
When i read that I assumed it acted as... every other job's level you have increases their stats... so if you max all classes, the ideal job would be freelancer like FFT did (i think it was FFT? one of the games did this.)

Siliconemelons

I think the first LR review touched on it nicely why it was a lower score- its being reviewd (and imo properly so) AS a Final Fantasy game, not "just a game"

Take car reviews, a Civic gets almost perfect reviews, it has decent inside, decent outside, good MPG, drives nicely for a small car- good price bla bla bla bla etc. yet at the same time some BMW gets a lesser in number review because of X,Y,Z factors- now compair the 7 rank BMW to the 9 rated civic...mmmm- Like the 1st gen Portche SUV, it was a terribad portche but a decent SUV- now its scale has been slid to be more portche-y and less suv-y because thats what people expect and want out of the brand.

I think BD and LR coming out so close should (I hope) sing a big red flag to SE about what their split audiances want... the "action fast paced" side of the fan base is (imo) not as loyal to the brand or the game as the more story/setting/music/character people- they need to shift the focus of their AAA main FF named titles to more like BD- and just in doing so would solve many of BD's negative aspects.

Also the action side of the fan base has many many more options of where to spend their money on that style of game vs the other side.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I ready the spoilers for FF13-3 and what the fuck once more. I read Manga and even I find it utterly incohenent and strange.

Couldn't they have just fleshed out the almost untouched Gran Pulse (which was apparently full of crazy/evil gods you only fought one of) instead of adding alternate worlds and time travel? Like they did that before? With FF12/Ivalice!?

Siliconemelons

I ready the spoilers for FF13-3 and what the fuck once more. I read Manga and even I find it utterly incohenent and strange.

Couldn't they have just fleshed out the almost untouched Gran Pulse (which was apparently full of crazy/evil gods you only fought one of) instead of adding alternate worlds and time travel? Like they did that before? With FF12/Ivalice!?
Ivalice was cool untill they did all that crap to it.

gunther_sl

shitlord
This is how I feel about the new FF's

rrr_img_60038.gif

Needless

Toe Sucker
Screw it, Final Fantasy games have been in the shitter since 12. Let that series do its own down syndrome thing and let BD take over the classic feel of FF

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spirits Within killed it. It isn't new, and there is no being with it. It is just bad.

Their only successes have been spin offs and remakes.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Ivalice was cool untill they did all that crap to it.
honestly,i liked gran pulse until they didn't do shit with it. I was hoping I could do some adventuring but big fucking nope. at least with ivalice, I could go hunt big boss and shit and I could use them....

Crone

Really want to get into BD but it's bugging me I didn't get very far into the demo!! F the completionist in me sometimes. I don't want to get into the real game because I haven't finished the demo but don't want to waste time with the demo because the real game is out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just beat FF13-2 and bought LR. The ending was so fucking dumb. The last boss was so goddamn easy (last bosses). I was only 24 hours in and each of my characters had 4/6 classes at level 99.

Hoping LR is at least fun, I didn't enjoy part 2 at all..