The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw since I haven't bought a 3DS yet and probably won't for a while, what's the code shit/villagers thing do? Is it necessary? Is it like pokemons where you exchange skills/classes?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was kind of wondering that too. The way it's being talked about here it sounds about as lame as using summons to beat bosses in Souls games.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Its basically a mini game feature where you have to rebuild a town.

An example for this would be, you have to clear a forest, which would take 1 towns member 3 hours to do. Each additional townsmen you get (street pass) reduces the timer by quite a bit up to a maximum of 20 people per day. The more you get, the faster you unlock upgrades for shops and shit.

You can also make a sort of combo.. to record and send your friends that they can use once sort of thing. I'm yet to try that though

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw since I haven't bought a 3DS yet and probably won't for a while, what's the code shit/villagers thing do? Is it necessary? Is it like pokemons where you exchange skills/classes?
Adding Friends does two things:

1) You can use a special move from them which is based on what they send over themselves. Some can be OP for your level, some can be useless. It's also super limited, I think you can only use a friend's move once until they send another out. Either that or it's on like a 24 hour timer per friend. It's honestly not really a big deal at all.

2) You can use the "Abilink" feature. This lets you basically socket your friend's job levels to your character and you can use abilities they've learned if they're higher level than you (and if you've unlocked that class). This is super useful and lets you use job combos a lot earlier than you normally would.

The Villager thing there's been a miscommunication over. You don't get more by adding friends, only by sending out the net-invite thing which is only available every 24 hours and you get 3-5 each time. The timer resets at Midnight GMT 0.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh so sounds fairly pointless then, good. So you can play without doing most of that shit without too much of an issue I guess? By the time I get the game I doubt anyone will still be playing so wondering.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Oh so sounds fairly pointless then, good. So you can play without doing most of that shit without too much of an issue I guess? By the time I get the game I doubt anyone will still be playing so wondering.
You can play without doing it, but I highly suggest you do use it. The Ability Link stuff gives you a ton of customization options. The only thing you have to do to use it is add people who have the game as friends. Not hard.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there an actual list of differences in difficulty levels? or is it just a matter of HP/stat differences to make shit have more health and hit harder?
If thats the case i'll just switch it to normal, as i don't see a point in that at all unless it gives you incentive.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Added everyone so far. Abit late to the party, but had to find a copy of the game.

2036-8412-3302

Sean_sl

shitlord
Is there an actual list of differences in difficulty levels? or is it just a matter of HP/stat differences to make shit have more health and hit harder?
If thats the case i'll just switch it to normal, as i don't see a point in that at all unless it gives you incentive.
It's just stat differences. More health, hits harder, higher defenses, etc.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Uhg maybe I'll play tonight. I thought the PS Store was slow, but the Nintendo eStore is horribly slow... I should have been able to download the game in 5 minutes, not several hours =p I'm downloading at .5MBps... Normally I download at 12MBps on Steam. Maybe I'll get to play tonight =p I should have just found a store with it in stock.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Uhg maybe I'll play tonight. I thought the PS Store was slow, but the Nintendo eStore is horribly slow... I should have been able to download the game in 5 minutes, not several hours =p I'm downloading at .5MBps... Normally I download at 12MBps on Steam. Maybe I'll get to play tonight =p I should have just found a store with it in stock.
I had the same problem when downloading zelda. I ended up changing the DNS server on wifi settings to the google public DNS IP and it fixed it right up. Something to do with shitty uverse I think

Needless

Toe Sucker
depressing that you can only net invite once a day (not sure when this even resets) but i'm finally up to 8 people now, which is nice hah
Keep upgrading that share ability sean so i can abuse it =p

thank god for smart phones, i couldn't update off my work's internet so i had to tether my phones data lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
Angel Bow is no joke, I unlocked thief before progressing the story.. bought that bow and raaaaaape everything haha
I think it'll be double thief/blm/whm for awhile (swap the jobs inbetween the 4 to level them all up)

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So uh, with LR coming out tomorrow I downloaded and played the demo to get the two free outfits. What's with their obsession over linking the game to Facebook/Twitter? There's options for both in the settings and even an NPC named something like "Facebook app now available". /facepalm

xPfwz7Y.jpg

So much for getting immersed in their world when you have NPCs named SSS99 and qb4504 walking around. Will definitely be turning the online shit off for the first playthrough, hopefully there won't be too many outfits or other loot attached to it. No SquEnix, I don't want to upload and share my fucking boss scores with 420DoRiToS and MILFMAN69. Fuck you. Get off my lawn.