The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've never played X-2, so I'm going to do it without a guide unless I run into problems. Having to constantly check a guide to make sure I haven't missed anything kinda makes it tedious and not fun.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I've never played X-2, so I'm going to do it without a guide unless I run into problems. Having to constantly check a guide to make sure I haven't missed anything kinda makes it tedious and not fun.
That's the best way to play it. Trying to 100% on your first playthrough will suck all of the fun out of it. You can easily finish the 100% on New Game+ if you care about doing that.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
This was actually the first time playing the game I got Auron's Masamune fully upgraded. It's not hard but just time consuming. I've still never gotten the Spirit Lance or Wakka's ultimate. I might give it a go later on but right now I'm in "beat the game and replay FFX-2" mode.
Spirit Lance is useless endgame (no trophy for it), but it's not that hard to do if you want to be a completionist. Wakka's ultimate is time consuming but very well worth it if you want to do any monster arena/endgame stuff. His attack reels overdrive hits for 12 x 99,999 on most of the endgame bosses if you're good at lining it up.

Auron is nice while you're capturing fiends and stuff but he eventually gets outclassed by Tidus/Wakka/Rikku. TWR endgame ends up raping all the Dark Aeons and Penance with the right stats and prep.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sorry brah, that title goes to Vincent. Auron is cool and all, but damn. He's no Vincent.
Or Gilgamesh, gilgamesh is the dude as well.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah, I used Tidus/Wakka/Rikku for pretty much all of the end game stuff. However, I *should* have used Auron instead of Rikku on Penance. His celestial weapon's Counter for Phase 2 is far better than the convenience of her Overdrives. The main reason people use her is for Trio of 9999 to make any potion do 9999, but you can just stock up on X-potions instead. You can also use her to do a buff that immediately gives you the equivalent of 5 Cheers (which you need for P2 if you're doing the regular strat for Penance), but blowing 5 turns on Cheer is no big deal. Having Counter on all 3 characters for P2 is way, way better imo.

Auron having First Strike and Counter makes him the best third-slot for pretty much anything, imo. Rikku didn't really do anything for me but act as another Quick Hitter on the Dark Aeons.

Plus, Auron is just cooler (than anyone, ever) and since you're going to be using 3 girls all the time in FFX-2 you might as well use Team-Bro in FFX.
I ended up using Tidus/Wakka/Rikku for Penance because I fucked up my first try after 30 mins (forgot to use a purifying salt to dispel his haste in P2, and let him get a turn with both arms up which ended me). Was worried about running out of X-potions so used Rikku for Trio of 9999 on the retry. Counterattacks from Auron definately would've been nice though, and I can see team bro working just as well. All that's left for Platinum now is going and actually killing the last story boss (heh).

So on to FFX-2, what's the deal with the creature creator? I was thinking about doing a guide free run the first time and going back on NG+ to get 100% etc... should I mess with the creature creator at all? I'm not concerned with spoilers, just wondering if it's better to go through the game once with YRP first and level all the dresspheres, or get some OP creatures and stomp through everything.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Creature Creator or anything that was added into the International version won't mess with your completion percentage. What I've been doing is going through the game using the 100% guide and basically forgetting about creature creator except for winning the first tournament to pick up the new job. You can't max out the creator in your first playthrough, anyway, so I'll work on that in NG+.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok I finally gave in and went and bought a 3DS and bravery default + Fire Emblem since my Vita wasn't getting much use (I bought conception II on a whim for the vita as well since i like to support Atlus and felt like an impulse buy since fucking PS4 games made me cry).

For bravery; any quick start up suggestions that you wish you would have known? Not going to read much or look at guides but don't mind a few spoilers. One question i'd ask, whats the best caster job? I always like castors vs melee (obviously need balance in a 4 man team). Adding people that put their FC, appreciate anyone adding me or whatever that helps me ingame.

Also just about 30 minutes in or so, but what is this village people have talked about early in the thread? Does friends help for that or?

My FC is 1822-1123-8018 (Turbo or Turbo178 i think)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I went and added everyone on the google doc, do they get any messege saying they were added as friends or anything? Do they have to add me in return for me to get any benefit ingame? If so, could you please add me if you read this.

As far as difficulty/endings go, is there any NG+ or any value in doing hard other then the challenge? Multiple endings etc?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
The benefit you get from adding people is being able to summon them in battle (and you can really trivialize the game with it early on) so it's actually not that big of a deal. The village thing is totally separate and you only get people from that by using the Street Pass shit and once-a-day thing that randomly gets you 3-5 people.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't understand this streetpass shit, when I hit that button it says i haven't passed anyone. 10 hours just to clear a boulder before I can even make my weapon store? WTF!

Chris

Potato del Grande
For bravery; any quick start up suggestions that you wish you would have known? Not going to read much or look at guides but don't mind a few spoilers. One question i'd ask, whats the best caster job? I always like castors vs melee (obviously need balance in a 4 man team). Adding people that put their FC, appreciate anyone adding me or whatever that helps me ingame.

Also just about 30 minutes in or so, but what is this village people have talked about early in the thread? Does friends help for that or?
Play on hardmode from the start.

You get jobs so slowly and AP gains increase so much later in the game that you have time to just enjoy discovering each class yourself. Make sure you have a white mage at the start, that's about it. There are good job combos later on but wait until you've unlocked everything first.

I think that casters are weaker than melee/physical ranged because they require MP, at least until you break the game later on.

The villiage will build shops that can sell you the best weapons in the game (like Fox Tail Axe).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Gilgamesh is in pretty much every game one way or another, 5 was always the one he stood out the most for me though lol

I started up FFX HD today, man i forgot how the fuck all this sphere grid stuff works. International system should be a lot nicer though since it looks like I can indeed beeline yuna to a black mage grid and what not. Super cool