The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since there was some danger of this derail in the ars editors thread, I thought I would divert the discussion over here in Rerolled's first ever Final Fantasy thread.

That being said, every Final Fantasy that has come out since the Super Nintendo is garbage. I'm referring to the RPG line, so Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't count.

Edit (Adam12): Bravely Default 3DS friendlistcan be found here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last Final Fantasy I beat was 7. I played 8 for a few hours, 9 for even less, 10 for maybe an hour.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is one one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. It's a huuuuge step up from FFXIII and I highly recommend anyone who skipped it this year after being turned off by FFXIII to go and give it a shot, it's definitely worth playing and a solid game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
13-2 was probably one of my favorite current gen JRPG's.

My order of favorites: 7, 10, 12, 13-2, 6, 10-2, 8.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since there was some danger of this derail in the ars editors thread, I thought I would divert the discussion over here in Rerolled's first ever Final Fantasy thread.

That being said, every Final Fantasy that has come out since the Super Nintendo is garbage. I'm referring to the RPG line, so Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't count.
Well why not go full retard?

Star Trek vs. Star Wars vs. Warhammer

khanable_sl

shitlord
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is one one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. It's a huuuuge step up from FFXIII and I highly recommend anyone who skipped it this year after being turned off by FFXIII to go and give it a shot, it's definitely worth playing and a solid game.
I'd just like to point out that I totally called this

I liked everything up to and including 9

And yes, I did like 8. I'm a sucker for sci-fi though. Generally thought the story was pretty damn good.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but in terms of overall gameplay, story, and ending -- I think 9 is my top pick. I walked away from that game totally satisfied.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Anti-fad haters can suck it. 6-7-8-9 all in my top 20 favorite games. 10 and 12? meeeeeehhh. Never played 13 or 13-2

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
7 - 6 - 10 then the rest fall in random places. I think the reason I rate 10 above some others is that summons became more than just a damage spell with fancy animations and became monsters in and of themselves. Was a nice addition to the system. Oh and 8 is dead last. Fuck that garbage.

I haven't played any FF past 10, I just got fed up with JRPGs, so no input on anything past that one.

Oh and Chrono Trigger ahead of every FF easy. That game was a goddamn masterpiece.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
13 was aids, and no way am i touching 13-2 or 13-3 unless 3 links up to versus.

xrg

Golden Squire
I really only like the SNES ones too. 4 is my favorite, but I haven't played any past 8 except the online one. The first one on NES is pretty good, but primitive by today's standards. All of the 3D ones have been so far off the mark of what I liked in Final Fantasy, I don't even pay much attention to the series anymore.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't play 12 or 13 but it's clear everyone's favorite has the rose goggles for their true entry into the series. Anyone saying 4>6 is definitely using the goggles. Anyone saying 7>* is using the goggles. Personally I prefer the games that had innate strengths to each character and not each character can be anything (7 and 10 being the worst offenders). In 7 everyone was the same because it came down to materia, the only real differences were in limit breaks. In 10 about the same thing, everyone could go down all paths and the only difference was the truly unique ultimates. 8 was somewhat the same way in that (outside the final battle) it was all about summons and not as much about the characters although the card game was phenomenal. In the most subjective way possible 6 is by far the best game without exception. After that my next favorite would be 9 mostly for keeping the characters unique throughout and offering an outstanding FF experience. I can understand and empathize with the love for 7 but let's be honest; it was an above average FF game with outstanding graphics at the time and that's what drew in a large player base that would end up loving the franchise. I can understand why it's many a fans favorite but it is certainly not one of the best in the franchise. My personal list would be 6 > 9 > 7 > 10 > 4 > 8 > the rest. 10, 7, and 4 being close but 6 is easily my favorite and 9 being 2nd. Again I haven't played 12 and 13 so I can't comment on those.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Wasn't Versus announced alongside the PS3? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I legitimately don't think it's ever going to be finished. Square just doesn't give enough of a shit anymore for anything that isn't fucking handheld.