The Bastard Executioner

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Sons of Anarchy/Shield---Now Medieval.

Looks like your typical "Super bad ass forced to blend in to family life--until someone fucks with him and kills his family, at which point he goes ape shit and leads a rebellion".

(Thought there was a thread on this, did a search, couldn't fine--apologies if it is a repost.)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
With a show like this, I'm always worried that a lack of production cost will make it look a little cheesy. Kinda spoiled after watching GOT.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
To be honest, I found it predictable and rather unimpressive. Granted, I watched it since nothing else was on, but every "twist" was predictable from a mile off. Likewise, the foreshadowing was heavy-handed even before the visions. I kept expecting to hear the sons of anarchy theme as well.

I'd rate it a 6.5/10.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
it wasn't really special, but if you want to watch a late middle ages story it'll serve. i don't think that I can build up enough interest. I did get a bit excited when the welsh woodsmen showed up, but imdb says their leader isn't a regular occurrence. maybe in a later season that'll get expanded.

minor pet peeve, but totally not a big deal: back then she'd have pronounced herb correctly. Only very recently (19th century) did the brits decide all silent letters must be pronounced.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just watched this because a guy I work with came in raving about it today. It should be noted that other than Game of Thrones and the two Walking Dead shows (not saying those are good, but still), the extent of his viewing is usually stuff like Ghost Hunters and those History channel mockumentaries. So I was already a bit hesitant of his review. He insisted that it was as good as Game of Thrones, maybe even better. It isn't, not even close, but you guys probably already knew that without even watching it.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched, but like the others above I can't really muster up much excitement to watch the subsequent episodes when they come out. Since I haven't watched anything but the pilot of Vikings yet, I feel like I might as well just catch up on Vikings every day this is on instead, because that is a vastly better show (at least from the pilot and word of mouth). If you've already watched all the other shows like Vikings and Spartacus, and you are really bored, I guess this wouldn't be a terrible choice, but it was so predictable and uninteresting. You could almost see where the writer or director said, "Ok, this part is getting a little slow, let's toss in something bloody to liven things up quick." I mean, some of it was warranted, and I'm sure they would say they are just trying to depict the reality of the times, but it came across as contrived and trying to one-up GoT most of the time.

5/10 perhaps, if you have nothing better to watch. Very soon I will, so it will be tough to keep this in the rotation unless it gets drastically better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kurt Sutter...
I mean come on, those of use that were beaten down with SOA, need i remind you? Kurt Sutter gave us this horse shit.
548836d848de990f76760c3f_jaz-jesus-sons-of-anarchy-finale.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I was completely bored and couldn't decide if I was going to have to remember a name and a face for bearded_dude_008 or not. Luckily they killed most of those guys or exited them stage left for the meantime and the show ends with a smaller cast.

Of course his wife is a scheming bitch in this show also.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I thought the show was pretty okay, the problem I'm having now is it was so long and so much happened, I feel like I watched a short movie and am now waiting on the sequel and deciding if I'm going to bother to watch it or not.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Rolled my eyes pretty hard at the blatant mandatory gay sex scene out in the open. Fights effects were cheesy and made even worse by the camera closeups on every stab.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SoA with horses and swords. Not really the best idea but not the worst either; I will give it another episode or two to see where they take things but I can't see my interest in this going past there, especially after watching things like GoT and the Tudors. Like Etchazz said, you need a pretty hefty production budget - or some top notch actors - to pull something like this off, and this has neither.