The Batman

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh man you think Batman will win in the end and save Gotham?

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
just dont tell anyone that Batman has a romance with Catwoman. its a surprise.
No, they would never do that. That would be so out of left field for Batman to be romantically involved with Catwoman!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good trailer but any time there was a body shot of Wayne it was uncanny and pulled me out of the movie.

The CGI in the backshot showing his back muscles being the most silly.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Good trailer but any time there was a body shot of Wayne it was uncanny and pulled me out of the movie.

The CGI in the backshot showing his back muscles being the most silly.

meback.jpg

NOT CGI

• 2Cringe
  • 2Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
one interesting thing about The Batman is that WB has confirmed the movie will be on HBO max exactly 46 days after theatrical release. Thats a really... really short window to wait.

If most movies move to 40-50 days VOD after theatrical, i'd probably just go to theaters 1-2 times a year. No Way Home kinda stuff

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
one interesting thing about The Batman is that WB has confirmed the movie will be on HBO max exactly 46 days after theatrical release. Thats a really... really short window to wait.

If most movies move to 40-50 days VOD after theatrical, i'd probably just go to theaters 1-2 times a year. No Way Home kinda stuff
This isnt very shocking. Ive been to the movies a bunch since summer time, and even the big time movies have had barely anyone there. Movie companies are probably seeing way better revenue from VOD releases. I hope they start coming out even sooner than 40 days.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you already have HBO then it's an easy decision, you're not forking out anything extra. They're looking to snatch up the people who won't go to theaters but might be willing to sign up for their streaming service.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a short window but also enough time to smother buzz a good movie would generate. I notice movies that don't release on VOD fast don't get the positive word of mouth and buzz other movies get. Too many people involved in word of mouth only stream movies now. When something sits exclusively in the theater, it may as well not exist for a time. I just see it as killing momentum. I'd recommend a 2-3 week delay at most to address this effect. Too much deference is being given to theaters.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

45 days seems to be the sweet spot now for digital releases.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The sweet spot for what-- making people wait an excessive amount of time to stream a movie?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

ill probably just see this at home, its on HBO Max 46 days after theatrical release

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn I was gonna go see this opening weekend. Now I might just wait for streaming. Thats too damn long.

• 1Pathetic