The Batman

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless this is some kind of Batman Year One rip-off then what the fuck are they thinking with that shitty-ass costume?

Where is his cape ffs?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
how cute, Batman has a street legal motorcycle, it even has tail lights. why does billionaire Bruce Wayne have to use a garbage vintage motorcycle?
Hipster Batman. Him and Catwoman probably ride a couple of these through the park at the end.

F21CF3BD-C8ED-4AAF-A125-ED0FA2AD7375.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is it possible those red squares on his back are markers for CGI cape?
Its possible, but a cgi cape sounds like even more faggotry. I was thinking they were reflectors for extra road safety when he rides his hipster bike with Selena.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I legit feel bad for this actress. Her only hope is that they do some kind of soft reboot of the show and shuffle some characters out. They need to drop the dad, sisters, and ex girlfriend from the show for sure. Unless they are gonna just give some bullshit reason how she's connected to the Ruby Rose character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
This thread makes me wonder how we got from Bale to here.

Mebbe DC should cool it for a while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This thread makes me wonder how we got from Bale to here.

Mebbe DC should cool it for a while.
none of these movies seem to be inspired in any way. 5 different versions of Batman in 30 years. something like 20 movies (including animated) movies. many different actors wearing the mask. whats left to tell? they never go back to the golden age stuff. its always the gritty dark knight shit. from the 80s on up. if they want to keep going to that well, at least use stories from the actual dark knight comics. they never do, its always the fuckin graphic novel route.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
none of these movies seem to be inspired in any way. 5 different versions of Batman in 30 years. something like 20 movies (including animated) movies. many different actors wearing the mask. whats left to tell? they never go back to the golden age stuff. its always the gritty dark knight shit. from the 80s on up. if they want to keep going to that well, at least use stories from the actual dark knight comics. they never do, its always the fuckin graphic novel route.

Totally agree.

I still believe the best Batman outside of the comics is the 90s animated series. I loved the Adam West series but even back when I watched it in the 70s I recognised it as a camped-up version of the real thing aka Dick Giordano's Batman.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Totally agree.

I still believe the best Batman outside of the comics is the 90s animated series. I loved the Adam West series but even back when I watched it in the 70s I recognised it as a camped-up version of the real thing aka Dick Giordano's Batman.
The Comics Code Authority should never have had the power it held.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
maybe it saved america from depravity and communism for a few decades. it wasnt the end of the world.
How did we get from shitting on the inability of corporations to understand Batman or subtlety to excusing censorship and blacklists. A dark day for Gotham, indeed.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The comic code was a self imposed law.
So was Hollywood blacklisting. They did all that in response to the threat of government censorship and then used it as a tool for decades to gatekeep the industry. Its fucked up.