The Batman

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was thinking about that process in superhero stories. New artists and writers reimagine superheros all the time in the comics. Many times to great effect and in ways that permanently change the character. But doing it in the movies seemed wrong to me at first. Soo many Spiderman retakes.

But why should movies not allow creative types to find their take on the subject matter? It sometimes works very well in comics. And some characters, like Batman, the Joker, etc, have a ton of potential for reinterpretation. Letting the artists breathe new life into old tropes. I was against the new Joker movie before I saw it, figured Heath had the best interpretation. But damn, that new Joker movie is good.

Experienced artists and writers reimagining a character? Sure.

SJW, Jewish Hollywood paedophiles or even both? No.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's remember (Classic) Paul Dano is a great actor:

daulpano.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i don't hate him, but it would be lulz if the dude playing batman died of Rona
Haha. Apparently rumors are going on that Pattinson was sent home from the set for being out of shape.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I once thought Brie Larson was being a cunt because she wanted to get fired from the Captain Marvel role because she was now a "serious actor", after winning that oscar, or some shit, turned out I was wrong and she's just a cunt. The reason I mention this is because, after his success in The Lighthouse, I am wondering if he doesn't see The Batman as a tremendous step-down and isn't trying to get fired.

Edit: or it could all be bullshit, can't forget that possibility.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I once thought Brie Larson was being a cunt because she wanted to get fired from the Captain Marvel role because she was now a "serious actor", after winning that oscar, or some shit, turned out I was wrong and she's just a cunt. The reason I mention this is because, after his success in The Lighthouse, I am wondering if he doesn't see The Batman as a tremendous step-down and isn't trying to get fired.

The dude said the he wasn't working out for the role cuz he was lazy during lockdown. If he's not gonna take it seriously just quit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actors are just full of themselves and probably an oscar winning actor has their heads way up their own asses. this dude could give a shit about batman. its just a paycheck to him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Nah its real. There were some rumored difficulties with Twilight as well.

Hes just a douche.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the double is fucking gigantic

the director is right. this is gonna look like shit on screen. the body changes between Pattinson and the double is going to be too much.

Especially in the shoulders. Nevermind the hips and ass.

1603664730690.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how cute, Batman has a street legal motorcycle, it even has tail lights. why does billionaire Bruce Wayne have to use a garbage vintage motorcycle?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users