The Beer Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can manage to get my hands on Pliny the Elder from time to time but their distribution is pretty limited - even in SF.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Father's Office in Culver City has Pliny on tap right now, for anyone in the area. It's a double score because they also have the best hamburger on the planet.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Pliny is definitely tastey, but I'm more interested in some of their other stuff. I've got Supplication and Damnation in the mail now. Looking for Sanctification, Temptation (not in bottles at the moment) or Consecration.

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
Dinosmores? Putting *that* on my Midwest wish list.

Szeth - I'll keep an eye out. A few of the bottle shops here in So Cal that I frequent get some distro on Russian River, but it's really hit and miss.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Father's Office in Culver City has Pliny on tap right now, for anyone in the area. It's a double score because they also have the best hamburger on the planet.
I agree with this. I'm going to be down that way for business this week and a Father's Office stop is definitely going to happen.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why is it named to sound like a Catholic priest's pedophilia emporium?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure a lot of you have tried Breury beers, but if you get a chance to grab their holiday yearly release this years is a chocolate milk stout. 8 Maids a milking. I believe it's 11.2% ABV and tastes like a 6%. Would recommend. I had a dinosmores after having this one the other day and it was almost impossible to enjoy the dinosmores.

That being said - any forum members out near Russian River in California that would want to do some trades?
I bought an 8 Maids about two weeks ago, but gave it to a friend as I forget to get him anything for his birthday. Need to get another before they're gone. I always end up missing their holiday releases. I'm going to try and sign up for their Preserve Society when it opens up in March.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I agree with this. I'm going to be down that way for business this week and a Father's Office stop is definitely going to happen.
I've only been to the one in Santa Monica. Can't remember what I ate though, apparently not the hamburger.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a start up in wv called big timber that consistently makes beer i love, if you see it give it a try

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was talking about "Father's Office".... I know the 12 days of christmas. I'm not Canadian.
It's all the stupid joke bar names "I'm going to theSand Bar" or "I'm going toMy Sister's Bar".
"Hey guys, I got drunk at myFather's Officelast night and now my ass hurts."

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Well shit, that makes just a little bit more sense.

Anyone down for a little holiday bottle trade?
I've become addicted to trading lately so... yes. I have access to some pretty great east coast IPAs, and some sours as well from OEC which is pretty amazing. I'd put OECs sours a cut above Almanac which is also amazing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've become addicted to trading lately so... yes. I have access to some pretty great east coast IPAs, and some sours as well from OEC which is pretty amazing. I'd put OECs sours a cut above Almanac which is also amazing.
Glad someone else made their way down to OEC. The sours are great, are aged in a variety of specialty barrels, and are fairly cheap (for sours). They are a win-win-win. Too bad it's only open on Saturday.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm one town over from OEC so it's a no brainer for me. And some of their more rare stuff is insane. I've got a Figtasma laying down right now that is supposed to be insanely good.

Edit: for those in California. If you see Xocoveza Charred (it's made by Stone) you should probably buy it and trade me for some East Coast IPAs. They're a super limited release and it sounds like CT isn't likely to get any at all. They came out Monday and are showing up at craft stores in SoCal already.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Wifey gave me a beer fridge as an early xmas gift. I need to try and redo some config on the shelves to display the 750ml's because it's about an inch short due to the corks.

rrr_img_120152.jpg
rrr_img_120153.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My wife just got me a beer fridge for my birthday last month, I think mine is the same brand as yours, you just have the fancier one with the touch-controls. I went with the cheaper one without those but I think they're both exactly the same size. I set mine up like this:

rrr_img_120155.jpg

Can get 20 bottles on the upper shelf, 8 750ml bottles on the bottom shelf, and then misc. crap on the middle shelf (either bottles laying down, or cans upright. That box is a 6-pack of cans)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had some of the Boulevard Calling IPA last night. Not an IPA connoisseur but as a beer I didn't hate it.