The Beer Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
NYFR is fuckin great! That ridiculous sugary taste hides the alcohol taste! Sure you get diabetes as you drink the crap...but you get drunk too!

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't find under search. Anyone had the pretzel sick top? Worth a try it pretty meh?

Always looking for wife who loves angry orchard. Thinking I might try the finger and orange beers? There a cream soda one? Think I'll avoid the root beer after thoughts here.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
The pretzel beer is very buttery - and tastes like a buttered soft pretzel. Gimmicky, and not overall terrible. But I only drank one (and gf hasn't drank the others - they're soon to get drain poured)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Bought one Henrys hard soda ginger ale and one orange soda, trying out the ginger ale now and it's not the worst thing I've ever had. It's like someone poured a little bit of malt liquor into a ginger ale, will post results of orange soda once I've had it.

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
I've been finding Boulevard Brewery stuff here pretty regularly now (Southern California). I love it. So far I've had Bourbon Barrel Quad, Tank 7, Double Wide IPA, and Tart Cherry Imperial Stout. The owner of the boutique wine and beer shop I go to gave me a bottle of PTE out of his personal stash for my birthday. Been a good couple of weeks.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've been finding Boulevard Brewery stuff here pretty regularly now (Southern California). I love it. So far I've had Bourbon Barrel Quad, Tank 7, Double Wide IPA, and Tart Cherry Imperial Stout. The owner of the boutique wine and beer shop I go to gave me a bottle of PTE out of his personal stash for my birthday. Been a good couple of weeks.
It sounds like you are going to have access to Boulevard seasonal beers (BBQuad, Imperial Stout).

Keep an eye out for their Saison Brett, Rye on Rye, and Two Jokers, those are 3 of my favorite seasonal Smokestack series beers from Boulevard. Also Love Child if you like sours (I dont)

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Khane if you ever get a chance to go to an OEC release I highly suggest it. We got there around 9:00am, and it was an absolute blast. Basically a party of craft beer people sharing tons of rare beer. We brought a grill and made bacon egg and cheeses for a bunch of people and had an overall great time. 10/10 would go again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Khane if you ever get a chance to go to an OEC release I highly suggest it. We got there around 9:00am, and it was an absolute blast. Basically a party of craft beer people sharing tons of rare beer. We brought a grill and made bacon egg and cheeses for a bunch of people and had an overall great time. 10/10 would go again.
I had no idea they even did anything like this.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like you are going to have access to Boulevard seasonal beers (BBQuad, Imperial Stout).

Keep an eye out for their Saison Brett, Rye on Rye, and Two Jokers, those are 3 of my favorite seasonal Smokestack series beers from Boulevard. Also Love Child if you like sours (I dont)
I've definitely seen the Saison Brett down here in SoCal, and some other Smokestack but don't recall which off the top of my head.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Xocoveza is easily my favorite stout that hit shelves reasonably easily to find. It is seasonal so not sure there's any left.
Just got a call from my local store. They have my six pack on reserve! Took a couple weeks for them to get it in.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not too bad on the price. 24 bucks for the 6.

EDIT: This beer has a GREAT taste. Wow.

rrr_img_127489.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went to Beer Revolution in Oakland last night and tried two very, very good beers. One was the Track 7 Venus Venom - a chocolate cherry imperial stout. The other was the Bruery Or Xata. Both were very enjoyable and I will be on the lookout for both going forward. Track 7 is a brewery out of Sacramento that's pretty small time so only us Bay Area peeps will probably have access to it.