The Beer Thread

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually picked them up to Ice my friend but he refused to drink them. So I'm saving them for another day.
You should Ice a friend.

The next time you go to a party, put the Smirnoff in a gift bag with an ice pack around it. Give it to the friend you want to mess with. After they open it, they have to go to one knee and chug the bottle. If you are merciful, you will do this early in the night.

I've seen it done and everyone finds it amusing. Good way to start a birthday party for someone. Also, it removes the shit drink from your fridge.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I picked up a case (12 bottles). They had about 6 left in the store when I left. If you want to grab some it's at Royal Liquor on SW Blvd and Summit.

Let me know if you'd like any from the case.
Cool, I may swing by there this weekend and see if they still have any, planning on being near the Plaza on Friday night, so that's not too far. I live out in Lees Summit, and the Gomers out here is out of it already. They tend to suck for finding rarer stuff, I think they hold a lot of it back for people they know.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You should Ice a friend.

The next time you go to a party, put the Smirnoff in a gift bag with an ice pack around it. Give it to the friend you want to mess with. After they open it, they have to go to one knee and chug the bottle. If you are merciful, you will do this early in the night.

I've seen it done and everyone finds it amusing. Good way to start a birthday party for someone. Also, it removes the shit drink from your fridge.
Yeah I let him off the hook since he had his son with him, but he's fucking going down for getting me a few weeks ago.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I let him off the hook since he had his son with him, but he's fucking going down for getting me a few weeks ago.
Aw crap, I just re-read your post and realized you were already preparing to Ice him. I guess the rest of the forum can enjoy the unnecessary explanation. =)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oktoberfest this weekend in Addison TX, anyone going to the keg tapping ceremony tonight?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No Portland beer advice? Haast is disappoint.

FWIW, I've had about 12-14 different brewery's beers at a tasting. Good stuff. This place knows its beer.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

FWIW, I've had about 12-14 different brewery's beers at a tasting. Good stuff. This place knows its beer.
Deschutes, Ninkasi, Hair of the Dog, Hopworks, and Pelican if you can travel further west (Pelican is amazballs, as one of their master brewers just opened up Steel Toe in Minneapolis and is using a recipe or two of theirs).

That's all I got.

Been doing a lot of corn hole at bars, so bought a custom set for home BBQs and stuff. Put a couple of my favorite labels on it. Turned out nicely I think.
smile.png

rrr_img_44195.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire

I must of have missed the original info request. Hopworks is one of my favorites down there. Deschutes has some really awesome looking growlers, little spendy but worth it, I am convinced they are magical and make beer taste better.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I live 6 hours from the brewery and it is still nearly impossible to get. But my day is complete now, got the last 3 (of a total of 6 they had) they will be receiving for months.

208k5l2.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the advice, fellas. I'm going to an event with a number of local breweries, so I'll keep an eye out for them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought a local breweries beer and it had instructions that read for optimal taste to roll the bottle on its side before opening. What's the point of this? Sorry if it's an obvious answer

kudos

<Banned>
I bought a local breweries beer and it had instructions that read for optimal taste to roll the bottle on its side before opening. What's the point of this? Sorry if it's an obvious answer
Only thing I can think of is to get the shit that is at the bottom of the can to move around before you pour. Sometimes a beer is made to finish in whatever container they put it in.

I've never really heard of this and it sounds fucking stupid.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
What kind of beer? Some beers have a little yeast left in them that is suppose to be mixed up in the beer. If sitting upright for a long time that yeast can settle out. (Only thing I can think of off the top of my head).

Also should note, some beers have yeast left in them that is NOT suppose to be mixed up, and you should pour your beer in such a way that you leave that sediment at the bottom without disturbing it at all.

when you roll beer on it's side you are exposing more of the beer to air & forcing the yeast to react. I'm no chemist, but it definitely does change the overall feeling and flavor of the beer profile.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of curiosity, what kind of beer was it? I've only heard of purposely mixing the yeast sediment back in for a hefeweizen (or possibly other wheat beers).

I may learn something here.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The full sentence on the beer was probably something like "If you want to keep an idiot busy, put beer on its side, roll to other side, and read the text."