The Beer Thread

finally got around to trying southern tier warlock last night, and wow, it was delicious. I also tried a 50/50 mix of warlock and pumking, and it was great
friday night I had my first pumpkin beer of the season - Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. It was from a bottle at the restaurant, not on a draft.

I really really enjoyed it... super smooth.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
friday night I had my first pumpkin beer of the season - Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. It was from a bottle at the restaurant, not on a draft.

Same here but on draft. I would have liked more pumpkin flavor personally.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I just commented earlier in the thread how I really disliked the stuff. I have 2 more in my fridge to pawn off on my friends when they come over.

Go try the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA. Shit is great.

Tonight I am drinking one of these, and it is quite tasty. I will follow it up with a couple of the above referenced Dogfish Head IPA

clown-shoes-space-cake.gif

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I went to the big liquor store in the good part of town to get some Pumpking, but it was long sold out. This means I'm going to have to venture across the railroad tracks to the shady liquor store down the street from the corners where they sell drugs. Shitty place, but they still have Pumking in stock well into April. Actually, my biggest concern is that I'd get one of last year's bottles there.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I decided I needed more beer tonight, so I went to the only place around me that sells Pliny. Of course there was none of the shelf so I grabbed a 4 pack of Firestone Double Jack and another 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90 minute. Was browsing around and decided to grab a Damnation as well since it is brewed by Russian River. As I was browsing the guy asked me if I needed anything and I inquired about the Pliny and he went to the back and grabbed 2 for me they were hiding away.

I am so happy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damnation is a good one.

I've been enjoying the Sierra Nevada seasonal, Flipside. Solid red IPA.

I just commented earlier in the thread how I really disliked the stuff. I have 2 more in my fridge to pawn off on my friends when they come over.

Go try the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA. Shit is great.

Tonight I am drinking one of these, and it is quite tasty. I will follow it up with a couple of the above referenced Dogfish Head IPA

clown-shoes-space-cake.gif
I've had 90 minute - not a fan.

60 minute i prefer.

Also Clown Shoes Space Cake is.... bad, unfortunately. I picked up a bottle and was really disappointed.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've had 90 minute - not a fan.

60 minute i prefer.

Also Clown Shoes Space Cake is.... bad, unfortunately. I picked up a bottle and was really disappointed.
What is wrong with your taste buds?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I don't drink pumpkin beer, but I'll be very happy when the market swings back away from IPAs a bit.
You need to be more beer hipster, it's scaling back on the stupid "much ibu. Such ipa" nonsense and going to sessionable lager now, which is dumb cause if I'm paying five bucks for a beer, I don't want it to be 3.8% alcohol.

Porters and stouts all day, everyday.

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
Porters and stouts all day, everyday.
^This. I recently had Ten Fidy for the first time, and this afternoon I had Smog City Coffee Porter. Both excellent beers if you're into dark/bitter/roasty and haven't had either. I also recently found Clown Shoes' imperial stout - Blaecorn Unidragon - on my local Vons' shelves, which I would also highly recommend.

Blaecorn Unidragon | Clown Shoes | Ipswich, MA | BeerAdvocate

Smog City Groundwork Coffee Porter | Smog City Brewing | Torrance, CA | BeerAdvocate

Ten FIDY | Oskar Blues Grill & Brew | Lyons, CO | BeerAdvocate

You need to be more beer hipster, it's scaling back on the stupid "much ibu. Such ipa" nonsense and going to sessionable lager now, which is dumb cause if I'm paying five bucks for a beer, I don't...
i hear that. it's such a mental hurdle for me to order something, even if i've read/heard it's good, if it's a low %.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
got my fantasy football winnings from last year (finally) and went to the local store to reward myself with a bunch of limited edition stuff to attempt to hang onto for a while.
2x DFH 120 min
2 6 packs of Mad Elf
2 4 packs Founders Breakfast Stout
4 pack Founders Dark Penance imperial black IPA

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What i want is a high % sour.
Yeah Monk's Cafe is only 5.5% but still pretty great. Don't think I could find the one joeboo posted below around here though. Took the summer off of Quads but now that times are changing think my beer choices will have to also.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Love Child No. 4 | Boulevard Brewing Co. | Kansas City, MO | BeerAdvocate

I have a bottle of this in my fridge that was given to me as a gift, and I hate sours. Been sitting in my fridge for probably 3 months now. Its supposedly really good though if you like sour beers. 9.0% ABV
That beer is so good. Had it at the BCTC this year. There is a place near me called OEC brewing that does pretty much only sours and they have a ton of em that are well over 7%. I think the highest I've had by them is 13%

OEC - "The Eccentric Brewers"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I toured a brewery right down the street from me last weekend called Funky Buddha Brewery. I had never had their beer before, but they had some pretty good stuff. I had their OP Porter and their Triple Lindey Tripel Hop. Both were exceptional.