The benefits of Steam Recent Review "Justice"

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Steam Store seems to be slow as fuck, guess it's just getting hammered with traffic

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol wtf:

Buy Shadows of Mordor GOTY for $3.99.
Or...
You can upgrade your current game to the GOTY edition for $9.99.

What a bargain.

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Depends on the game I guess. I've been waiting for Total War Warhammer to go on sale and they have the base game on sale for 66% off and the DLC for 33% off. I'm picking that up for sure, but I'm also considering picking up Sunless Sea, Everspace, Salt and Sanctuary, and Starpoint Gemini Warlords. The DLC for Sunless Sea is on sale too, so it definitely varies by title.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Steam is slow as shit right now too. In some cases the sale prices aren't showing when loading and when it does it may show the sale price for some titles and not others (like DLC but not the base game or vice versa). It'll probably stabilize in a couple of hours or so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Steam is slow as shit right now too. In some cases the sale prices aren't showing when loading and when it does it may show the sale price for some titles and not others (like DLC but not the base game or vice versa). It'll probably stabilize in a couple of hours or so.

Gotchya I hope that's the case because the pricing so far doesn't make sense. Just saw BLOPS 3 for $29.99. DLC season pass for $39.99. (lol at this entire game) but then saw Ghosts, released a year earlier, Vanilla was $39.99. No one even plays these anymore.

Assassin's creed sales are all sorts of messed up. Freedom Cry is more than Rogue and Rogue is a full game.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I would never underestimate the ability for Ubisoft to do something stupid, so who knows what's up with the AC pricing.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
This thread must have been the tipping point as Paradox CEO is rolling back all price changes:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ate-read-post-68.1031121/page-4#post-23000490

Hello all and thanks for your feedback, Following up from yesterday, this will sound a bit schizophrenic but I have really appreciated the reactions from this forum. I have spent the last 24 hours reading your comments and feedback and replying to email ([email protected] for all of you who didn't know it); during this time I came to a couple of conclusions:

1. In regards to the price changes you are absolutely right. You deserve more transparency and better communication from Paradox when it comes to changing of our prices and pricing policy. Therefore I have decided to roll back all price changes made; any price changes will have to be for future products well communicated in advance. I just came off the phone with Steam and they say we can't do the roll-back before the Summer Sale is over (otherwise it would mean we have to take all Paradox products off the summer sale) but it will be done right after. For anyone who bought any of the games during this time (including during the summer sale) we will try to refund (if possible in the Steam platform) or reimburse with games of a value exceeding the difference. If none of this is possible (I do not in detail know the limits to the Steam platform) we will internally calculate the difference in revenue before and after the price change, double the value, and donate the money to the UNHCR.

2. Some of the frustration has been expressed due to our DLC policy and how we handle additional content for our games. Since the release of Crusader Kings 2 (Feb 14, 2012) we have adopted a policy where we release paid content and at the same time content for free even if you do not want to pay for the DLC. This means that if you only paid for the original game, you still have a completely different game today with thousands of additions, upgrades and changes. This doesn't mean you should stop giving us feedback on how we conduct our business but if you straight out just hate our DLC policy I respectfully say that we have to agree to disagree.

3. I have promised myself never to give in to mob mentality; it's one of the worst things I know and a terrible way to convince me. In fact, being a pig-headed CEO of a company that has grown from 7 people to 225 during time I have had the privilege to run it, I have probably from time to time been more prone to say "no" than "yes" when people gang up on me/us to make us change our minds - I guess partly by principle not to cave in due to pressure. In this case, my change of stance has been made from communicating with people who have been active in our community for 10+ years, people who spent thousands of hours in our games and coming to the conclusions you find above.

Finally - as much as I love a good conspiracy theory; to be frank, the whole "Tencent bought 5% of Paradox and now they're all greedy" and "They're now a publicly traded company and therefore do things the market wish for" is below the level of intelligence of this community. I still hold 33.3% in Paradox, I am still CEO, board member and avid gamer. All you need to know is that the buck stops here. All problems/feedback can easily be sent my way, I will not always agree but I promise to listen.

Best
Fred
[email protected]

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
How much does it cost to write 5mb worth of coding?
Because thats what dlc packs are for paradox

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They're only rolling back the price changes after the summer sale ends - they claim because of some steam limitation. And plan to "try" to refund or donate the difference to the UNHCR.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They're only rolling back the price changes after the summer sale ends - they claim because of some steam limitation. And plan to "try" to refund or donate the difference to the UNHCR.
I fully expect Steam to have locked prices for the duration of the sale, otherwise there's nothing stopping devs to fuck with their prices from day to day, thereby torpedoing the whole idea of the sale.

What they did was dumb, they have their own niche market with close to no competition, but even perception of abuse would not go down well.

Also some Warframe drama:

DE sent C&D letter to a prominent dataminer in the community since he dug up some info on future content and somebody managed to obtain those items in live game through hacking (I kid you not). The funny thing is that as a prominent grindfest, Warframe is very obtuse about properly documenting mechanics and droprates, so the same guy ran the largest drop database which got wiped in the aftermath. Suddenly people are kinda angry.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am still trying to figure out why a GOTY full edition with everything included sells for $3.99, and the UPGRADE to get the GOTY edition from the original version is $9.99. I mean, at that point why even put the upgrade in there. Just sell the full version for $3.99 with everything and basically people are buying the same game again but getting the DLC for $3.99.

I am seeing this everywhere though. GOTY editions selling for $24.99, Original at $14.99, DLC at full price and not on sale. Or Season pass not on sale.

Why I wonder?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I am still trying to figure out why a GOTY full edition with everything included sells for $3.99, and the UPGRADE to get the GOTY edition from the original version is $9.99. I mean, at that point why even put the upgrade in there. Just sell the full version for $3.99 with everything and basically people are buying the same game again but getting the DLC for $3.99.

I am seeing this everywhere though. GOTY editions selling for $24.99, Original at $14.99, DLC at full price and not on sale. Or Season pass not on sale.

Why I wonder?
Driving people to a specific product ? Maybe not drowning the sale with your titles gives you a better chance to be featured on the frontpage ? DLC tends to have much worse reviews, which is another factor. This looks more like an oversight than malice.

DS1 is somehow not on sale despite every other title being there, riddle me that.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah I don't think it was malice. I just thought it was stupidity. But what you said make sense. This way they don't split their title and will push everyone towards one main title which is a better deal anyway.

Yeah DS1 doesn't make sense either.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Even more stupidity, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 with the expansions are the same damn sale price. :p

I do not think it's malicious. I just think it is flat out stupidity and lack of even trying for this sale.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Here is another beauty.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Vanilla - $23.99.
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY with all expansions - $24.99.

Why the fuck even put the vanilla version on there?

• 1Solidarity