The benefits of Steam Recent Review "Justice"

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So that you can't complain the base version is more expensive than the GOTY one. Besides, who buys W3 on Steam when the GoG version is better and gives more money to the devs ?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm saying it's retarded, and it is. This sale has various idiots running it from a publisher perspective compared to ANY OTHER SALE. Last year? Witcher 3 would have been $14.99. GOTY Edition $24.99. Makes sense right?? Yes. Now? Some people who are used to the last 5 years of sales are going to buy the base package without looking, especially with DS2 which is the same fucking price as the game of the year edition.

Now THAT'S bullshit. It's preying on the stupidity of others rather than just being ethical and making sure it doesn't happen.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I don't know, I tend to avoid attributing to malice what can be adequately explained by laziness or stupidity. I think it's far more likely that they just aren't being methodical in making sure they price every sku appropriately. Your point that it's retarded still stands though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think I'm skipping the summer sale except for What Remains Of Edith Finch and possibly Far Harbor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
lsnbi7k.gif

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Grabbed Sunless Sea with the DLC, it's a rally different take on rogue-lite.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm not surprised. I knew that they wouldn't do anything to hurt that cash cow. What? 2 or 3 years later, it's still in the top 10 best selling games?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The R* cash cow is shark cards. It's why they nerfed the shit out of every lucrative mission shortly after online was released and turned it into something straight out of a Korean MMO. Retards gave them nearly a billion dollars to avoid the grind. I haven't played it in a long time, but I can't imagine it's gotten any better over the years since they continue to make massive profits selling the micromacrotransactions.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I've recently started pirating games again, really nice to be able to play without the ubisoft shit tacked on, skipping always online requirements and such.

Used to buy games for the convenience of not having to apply cracks but somehow its actually the more convenient way to play tons of games.

Last game I skipped was DoW III, since it looked so poor at launch I wanted to pirate it first, and since the game is dead now I won't even bother with that. 59$ saved, nice.

Fuck this industry.