The Best and Worst States in the Union: Many Metrics

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nebraska: Unexceptional in Any Way.

Which is amusing, since our University System is the third most wealthy in the United States. Accountants fucking love College football fanatics.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you saying wv is not as bad because private schools? Guess what, MA, CT and all the other top states have amazing private schools too

I don't know if WV is as bad. Do they have an abundance of private schools? Here in the Philadelphia area we have one of the most religiously diverse concentrations of people on the planet, which means lots of private schools. I would venture a very baseless guess that we have good private schools. Go a bit into NJ where the local government funds the public ones very well? Probably not nearly so much.

My point is that if you want to make a statement about how educated a group of people is, you have to look at the full education picture... not just one public (and therefore easy to get) aspect of it and that's all.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't know if WV is as bad. Do they have an abundance of private schools? Here in the Philadelphia area we have one of the most religiously diverse concentrations of people on the planet, which means lots of private schools. I would venture a very baseless guess that we have good private schools. Go a bit into NJ where the local government funds the public ones very well? Probably not nearly so much.

My point is that if you want to make a statement about how educated a group of people is, you have to look at the full education picture... not just one public (and therefore easy to get) aspect of it and that's all.
Retard.

Quick google.

NJ has 1434 Private Schools.

PA has 1948 Private Schools.

If you take into account state population they have an equal amount per persons

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
worst state is by far is louisiana, very ugly and smelly residents

best state maryland aka the *parasite state*

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm glad to see Florida is mediocre, but not even in the 10 worst.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've lived in many of the western states, only visited the east coast a couple of times.

I like all the western states really, if I had to chose one that I liked least it would probably be Colorado, the east half. Denver during my time there was a bit of a hole. The people there just didn't seem right, just my opinion. Western Colorado is really cool, but it takes money to live there, it's mostly ski resorts.

California has tons of issues, all well known. But I love San Diego and just consider the high cost of living and dealing with the retard liberals a beach tax.

Public schools in the states I've lived in are pretty typical, not great but decent. It's amazing how similar they are though. The worst was probably in Columbia, Missouri. Which is east of most of the places I've lived and that was quite a while ago, I'm sure it's changed.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The ocean appears to be as educated as WVa

WHALES AND DOLPHINS ARE SMART AS FUCK

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Retard.

Quick google.

NJ has 1434 Private Schools.

PA has 1948 Private Schools.

If you take into account state population they have an equal amount per persons

Retard.

Quick google.

NJ has 2,598 Public Schools.

PA has 3,127 Public Schools.

If you take into account state population they have an equal amount per persons.

Do you have any idea how fucking stupid it sounds to judge the quality of a state's education efforts by quantity of schools? Like, seriously man?

I even admitted I was guessing when I said that I think PA has "good" private schools, while many parts of NJ won't be as much so. You want to cite sources saying that NJ's private schools score better than PA's? I'll immediately admit I was wrong. Call me a retard and then cite quantity of public schools? Fuck off, dude.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
CA is the best. All you haters that say shit like slip off into the ocean or secede or whatever want America's economy to go down the toilet. You want France to be a greater economic power than the US? Fucking FRANCE?!?!? Da fuq is wrong with you people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Retard.

Quick google.

NJ has 2,598 Public Schools.

PA has 3,127 Public Schools.

If you take into account state population they have an equal amount per persons.

Do you have any idea how fucking stupid it sounds to judge the quality of a state's education efforts by quantity of schools? Like, seriously man?

I even admitted I was guessing when I said that I think PA has "good" private schools, while many parts of NJ won't be as much so. You want to cite sources saying that NJ's private schools score better than PA's? I'll immediately admit I was wrong. Call me a retard and then cite quantity of public schools? Fuck off, dude.
What? You said PA has so many private schools mouth breather.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
worst state is by far is louisiana, very ugly and smelly residents

best state maryland aka the *parasite state*
Maryland is a fucking terrible state. Grew up there, and whenever I go back to visit family I'm like, "I would never want to live here...ever."

I've lived in 7 states for decent periods of time (Florida, Maryland, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, California) and of that list, I think Maryland would be at the bottom.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Maryland is a fucking terrible state. Grew up there, and whenever I go back to visit family I'm like, "I would never want to live here...ever."

I've lived in 7 states for decent periods of time (Florida, Maryland, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, California) and of that list, I think Maryland would be at the bottom.

Maryland is awesome. You're wrong. You're also a traitor and a terrible human being, apparently.

Anyway, my extensive research and polling in the fast food thread makes me think California and Texas are numbers 2 and 3 due to the sheer amount and variety of fast food choices available in those states.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Did you live on the Eastern Shore or in PG?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

When you are poor ,every place sucks.

Just meant as a general comment, not aimed at you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you live on the Eastern Shore or in PG?
Columbia, from 1986 until 2002. I'd say it's probably one of the nicest places in the state (it's certainly the most prosperous).

Seriously, I can't think of anything the state offers that makes it stand above any of the other states I've lived in.

It's crowded, the outdoors suck there, the people are assholes (side note: anytime I used to watch something like House Hunters that took place in MD/DC/NoVA, you could tell the smugness of the person and figure out that's the area they were in before the show told you), and the weather is shit (humid as balls summers, fucking terrible winters).

yerm

What? You said PA has so many private school mouth breather.

which means lots of private schools. I would venture a very baseless guess that we have good private schools. Go a bit into NJ where the local government funds the public ones very well? Probably not nearly so much.

Actually, I said the Philadelphia region has so many private schools. This includes a large swathe of NJ while leaving out most of PA. I then said I baselessly guess that these are good private schools, which is a quality metric and fuck all to do with how many literal schools are there. I then went on to guess that a bit into NJ where the public ones are well funded the private are probably not nearly so much.

All of this would have been related to asking if WV has a lot of private schools, and then going on to look at if they're doing a good job or not. If there aren't a lot of private schools and/or they suck, and the public schools as noted suck, then the education there sucks. Meanwhile, if you have a region (usually better judged in smaller blocks than state) where the public school is shit but tons of people put their kids in private (white flight or whatever reason) you may have a very well educated region with piss poor public school results.

Not that I entirely blame you for not doing it... but did you fucking read what I said?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Actually, I said the Philadelphia region has so many private schools. This includes a large swathe of NJ while leaving out most of PA. I then said I baselessly guess that these are good private schools, which is a quality metric and fuck all to do with how many literal schools are there. I then went on to guess that a bit into NJ where the public ones are well funded the private are probably not nearly so much.

All of this would have been related to asking if WV has a lot of private schools, and then going on to look at if they're doing a good job or not. If there aren't a lot of private schools and/or they suck, and the public schools as noted suck, then the education there sucks. Meanwhile, if you have a region (usually better judged in smaller blocks then state) where the public school is shit but tons of people put their kids in private (white flight or whatever reason) you may have a very well educated region with piss poor public school results.

Not that I entirely blame you for not doing it... but did you fucking read what I said?
Yes you said it's a dumb metric since PA has so many private schools bear you because of religious diversity. NJ has just as many private schools when normalized for state population, even though you said NJ has much fewer because of well funded public schools.

Also how does the Philidelphia metropolitan region include a large swathe of NJ?

Can you not follow logic?