The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Everyone who games already has a ps4! ;)

I don't get the 4K Blueray player, do people still buy physical disks?

Yes. Many. The reasons being uncompressed DTS-MA audio tracks. The sound on physical media is a MILLION times better than anything digital and will be for quite some time. And if you have a blu-ray player and a decent home theater set up - I challenge you to go buy a movie out at best buy. Get the version that comes with the Blu-Ray, DVD, and a key code for the digital media. Watch the digital media for 15 minutes, then throw in the physical disc. The sound difference is ridiculously better. Until digital media supports full DTS-MA/Dolby Atmos/Lossless Audio, it will be shit and continue to be shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sound like Brahma, Utnayan. You are a niche market at best. Torrent > anything you just said.

Side note: Is Brahma here under a new name?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Niche market for high fidelity sound is hilarious. Everyone buys physical media - or else they wouldn't have shit plastered everywhere when you walk into a best buy. Red Box makes TONS of money via physical rentals. Physical is not niche. Lol wtf.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its not niche but the blu ray market (including 4k UHD) has been shrinking every single year for the past 4 years, its not a growth market. Xbox one is selling well though, between the deals, bundles, slim model, better 4k support, and better controller support Microsoft is killing it. Sony really doesn't have any exclusives this holiday either, while Microsoft has Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 and both are great games. Its good to see competition and I hope it spurs Sony to do something good to compete with Scorpio, next year's CES should be amazing with either two strong choices or Microsoft mopping the floor up.

I suspect a lot of the xbox one purchases now are people with PS4's dipping their toes in or people buying second (or more) consoles.

Anyways flash sale on US PSN, I didn't see a single game worth buying for PS4 tho. Maybe some of the JRPGs for ps3, i dunno. Also Sony is running the spend $100, get $15 back promo until end of the month
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why even torrent. I have any movie or tv show I want instantly by streaming from 123movies.to on my phone. AirPlay it up to my tv. Instant anything.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i bet 30 fps and 60 fps are the same to you too! PEASANT!!!

but seriously streaming sites use variable bitrate and it will be dependent on the source bitrate and p2p connections, whereas torrented blurays are highest bitrate and specific audio configs (DTS, Dolby). Its a night and day difference in quality, and if you can't tell the difference you are a woman who also thinks 720p is the same as 4k. GODDAMN IT WOMAN THEY ARE DIFFERENT I NEED A NEW FUCKING TV BECAUSE FUCK 1080P, HDR IS REAL

sorry reliving last weeks argument at costco

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gotchya. Yeah I am confusing torrented rips with things like Amazon Prime, Netflix, 123movies, etc.

I love 60 FPS. I didn't use to think there was that big of a deal until I bought by 1070. Holy sweet jesus.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Picked up the VR today for shits and giggles.

It's actually pretty neat, only think I noticed that kinda bothered me was objects in the foreground tend to jump a bit (only way I can think to describe it).

Only got to fuck around with it for about an hour, but was neat to say the least. Given a year they ca. Probably come up with some really cool shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think I need to move my living room table so I can sit a bit closer during play. PS Eye really sucks and the range is maybe two arm lengths. When the tracking works everything is beautiful, when it's wonky things can get weird.

spronk

FPS noob
sad news, United Front Games shut down. They made Sleeping Dogs, and recently Smash & Grab on PC. Square Enix still owns the Sleeping Dogs IP so maybe someday we'll still see a sequel. Tonight, I raise pork buns in honor of my homie wei shen

XA9yZfW.jpg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Anyone heard of any decent bundles coming out for the PS4Pro release? Some googling only lead me to a possible uncharted 4 bundle. Really was hoping to see something with Bloodborne.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda like the Nacon as it will make the buttons pretty much like how I have my elite set up currently. So no getting used to 2 controllers anymore as I switch around between XBox/PC/PS4

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty cool news with 2.8 being announced for PS4. Now we'll have access to the whole remastered collection. They should just bundle it all as KH 2.9999632167

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like they updated that article with dates:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX will be available March 9th in Japan, March 28th in North America, and March 31st 2017 in Europe!!