The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
weird, musta been a price error or something. it'll be that price this sunday for a week, but when i posted it, it was showing up at $32 for me

spronk

FPS noob
sony will be running days of play next week during E3
1TB Gold PS4 Slim, Days of Play Sales Event Confirmed

in addition to the $249 gold 1TB PS4 slim above, they will release a silver 1TB PS4 slim

PLAYSTATION-PS4-Slim-500-GB-Silver.png

article said:
The 1TB Gold PS4 Slim will be released on June 9 for $249.99 USD/$329.99 CAD in the United States and Canada as part of the nine-day Days of Play event, which will also feature discounts on games and accessories. After the sale ends on June 17, the Gold PS4 Slim will go up to the standard $299.99 USD price.

As for Days of Play, the event will run from Friday, June 9 to Saturday, June 17 in every country that sells PlayStations, with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President Jim Ryan telling Glixel:

The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day. We’re intrigued to see how people respond to the event at a time that’s traditionally very quiet for games. We’re going to have some really good deals.

According to a leaked Target flyer and a leaked Best Buy flyer, you can expect to get these for $39.99 USD next week: DualShock 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, MLB The Show 17, Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey, Resident Evil 7, and For Honor. Battlefield 1 and Grand Theft Auto V will be $29.99 USD.

Ahead of Days of Play, Best Buy is already selling Nioh and MLB The Show 17 for $39.99 USD.

Expect more details on Days of Play later this week.

Sony will also start its spend $100 get $15 back at the same time (June 9th - June 20th), I'll be pre ordering Destiny 2 digital then
Spend $100 Get $15 - Terms and Conditions (English)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sony says that since the PS4 Pro's release, 1 in 5 Playstations sold have been the Pro model.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I would only get a Pro if my OG one dies or they start making Pro only games that I would want to get.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nioh, Horizon, and NieR made dumping my out-of-warranty OG for a Pro a complete no-brainer. Pretty sure there will never be a Pro-only game though. Nioh is probably about as close to that as they'll get; it's a very noticeable difference but still by no means unplayable on non-Pro.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nioh was more playable on vanilla than 99% of games on the platform. I took 720 (or whatever it was) 60 and never looked back. Sure, 1080 60 on the Pro is ideal, but I'll take 720 60 in a second over the 1080 30 that most PS4 games force on me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My TV can't do HDR so the Pro loses most of its appeal to me right there.

Edit nm regular ps4 can do HDR too. Well, whatever.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pro lost me when they decided not to put a 4K blu ray player in the thing. Bunch of cheap asses

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The omission of a 4k drive was bullshit, and the reason I didn't jump in on day one, but my PS4 time quadrupled when I upgraded to the Pro. It and a 4k tv are a substantial upgrade. The reason my Xbone does nothing but collect dust is because multi-platform games look like shit on it compared to the PS4, and the gap between the Pro and standard is even larger. It's also pretty much a must if you have a PSVR.

Considering you can't have a thread on any gaming forum, filled with enthusiasts, without half the people claiming they see no difference between 30 or 60 fps, or 720p and 1080p or 4k, or any number of "you're fucking blind" issues, 20% of PS4 sales being the Pro is actually pretty damn good. It's $150 premium to play the exact same games.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
VR is currently ass either way.... so *shrug*

still waiting for after E3 too see if its' worth to nab a Scorpio, nothing interesting though and the Computer gets upgrades.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
VR is currently ass either way.... so *shrug*

still waiting for after E3 too see if its' worth to nab a Scorpio, nothing interesting though and the Computer gets upgrades.

I thought so as well, until I tried the RE7 demo and came out completely on the other side of the argument. Since then I've experienced plenty of VR experiences that have convinced me it's legit.

I'm kinda on the Scorpio wait and see Bandwagon as well, but unless Microsoft shits the bed I'll more than likely going to trade up my S. The Pro is excellent and since the Scorpio is even more powerful I'm excited to see what they do with it.