The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To be honest I felt it was less of a game and more of just a story. I still thought it was good but I don't jerk off to it like most seem to.
That's because like your tastes in food, your tastes in games are awful

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. If you haven't played it yet, it is pretty great

Well, picked it up from BB today, got home and put it in and wouldn't you know, "a downloaded version of this game already exists, do you want to use it or the disc version?"

Fucking thing was installed December 2014. Like I'm supposed to remember that!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tell.me what parts of the gameplay were fun? The shitty slow combat and controls or ... ?

Lol Mass Effect sucks , Witcher is ok, Last of us is mediocre, pizza sucks.

Noodle you troll us so damn good.

Sometimes love don't feel like it should, you troll so good.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tell.me what parts of the gameplay were fun? The shitty slow combat and controls or ... ?
It's not a fighting/combat game, in my opinion. Clearly the game focuses more on the narrative than gameplay, but the strategy at taking out encounters on Survival difficulty is seriously fun and challenging. It's more about stealth and resource management than shooting and punching your way to victory.

I'm currently playing through the game for I think the 4th time. I never replay any games these days, but something about TLoU brings me back!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right I think it's a good game and I enjoyed it, I just didn't think it was some top game. I'd definitely take uncharted 2 over tlou.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Watch Xbox E3 linked with your www.mixer.com account and get Free DLC and games throughout briefing.

The loot:

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. I'm enjoying it, but I'm really disappointed by the locked 30fps framerate, even on my PS4 Pro. The game looks beautiful, but it's jarring coming from my PC(or even TLoU Remastered). The lighting is unbelievable in the game, though.

I'm only a few hours in. Should I focus on specific skills in the beginning or just go with whatever?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Soy I can't remember exactly what skills I took first, do know I skipped the melee/crit stuff until late and didn't miss it - definitely upgrade your storage ASAP - you can define quests specific to the materials you need for upgrading bags.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unlock Lure and Silent Strike, then Tinker, then do whatever you think looks good. The melee stuff might look underwhelming but it just about breaks the game when you have it all. Concentration is really useful for targeting weak points. Call Mount and the thing for shooting while on a wire are worthless. Pretty much everything else has some use at least.

spronk

FPS noob
price error on Forza 7 Ultimate on amazon for prime members. Its supposed to be $99/80 with prime, its listing as $80 / 64 with prime. amazon is pretty good at holding up pricing errors of this level. It you see the price at $100 instead of $80 its been fixed
Amazon.com: Forza Motorsport 7 – Ultimate Edition - Xbox One: Video Games

note: forza ultimate edition is NOT the same as other games. It does NOT include content expansion packs, just the VIP pass (double credits / xp) and the car pack (DLC cars), but you'll have to pay $25 for the DLC content pass down the road for the two usual content expansions they release.

I wish they would put out a gSync version instead of Freesync. Freesync is the open source standard so in theory its better, but the problem is nvidia cards are sooooo much better than AMD cards right now that it doesn't really make sense buying one if you are a gamer - driver support and price/performance have a massive gap between the two platforms. Fucking sucks!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I wish they would put out a gSync version instead of Freesync. Freesync is the open source standard so in theory its better, but the problem is nvidia cards are sooooo much better than AMD cards right now that it doesn't really make sense buying one if you are a gamer - driver support and price/performance have a massive gap between the two platforms. Fucking sucks!
Yup, Nvidia is fucking it up really(in the big picture). They'll eventually have Freesync in televisions I imagine. If Nvidia continues to be the better cards and doesn't support Freesync, it sucks.