The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
March PS+
Bloodborne (PS4)
Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)
Mighty No. 9 (PS3 and PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)
Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

Good month for ps+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also, was just wondering when this would happen and then saw it

Honestly I think it’s a good move, focus on putting better ps4 games out for free.

B362D1CB-B55F-4167-B283-1DA9F6D8835C.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob
So is Assassin's Creed Origin good?

Its a big, immersive open world which is fun to play around in as a sandbox. The main storyline is pretty generic, the side quests are good to boring. The length is a bit of an issue, I'm at 70+ hours in, nearing the end, doing every single side quest. There is very little of the shitty AC mechanics (following around targets slowly) so people who hated that won't have a problem. Some parts of Egypt - Alexandria, the Giza pyramids - are very cool, other parts are your basic ass mud huts on a plain. It does follow the Ubisoft formula of you constantly interacting with famous people from history like Cleopatra, Caesar, Ptolemy and his advisors, various Greek philosophers, etc which is kinda cool if you like history but annoying if you hate that part of AC2/AC4/etc.

For the current $30 price I'd say its worth it, unless you prefer short 20-30 hour games in which case I'd say something like Uncharted Lost Legacy (~20 hours) or HZD DLC is better.

• 1Solidarity

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I only turn mine on because they don’t have a Motorstorm on the PS4, and sometimes I just need to play it with the volume up.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The contrast and approach to their ecosystems is interesting (to me, anyways). Sony pushes away their prior generation to move forward while MS enhances and increases the availability of their back catalog w/ One X and Game Pass (and the stated intention that this is the status quo for the foreseeable future). Really have to think we'll see an answer to that approach from Sony, but guess it won't be until the PS5? I wonder how well PlayStation Now does for them.

• 1Smuggly

spronk

FPS noob
20% off coupon on eBay on EVERYTHING except gift certs, makes for some pretty decent bundles like xbox 1 x for $400 with GTA5, destiny 2, and extra controller or a PSVR Doom VFR bundle for $240 or a PS4 Pro for $320

code is PSPRING20
Xbox One X 1TB Console+Xbox One Wireless Controller+Destiny 2+Grand Theft Auto V 889842208252 | eBay
PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Star Wars Console + Dynasty Warrior 9 711719513124 | eBay
PlayStation VR Doom Bundle+ Resident Evil 7 Biohazard + SONY Wireless Controller | eBay
Nintendo Switch - 32GB Gray Console (with Gray Joy-Con) 45496590086 | eBay

also PSN flash sale
Flash Sale! | Official PlayStation™Store US

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I grabbed the Switch - for $224 with free shipping I figured if I didn’t like it I could sell it for what I paid for it, or donate it to the nearest children’s hospital.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Friend of mine got their, literally, autistic daughter a Switch for her birthday last week. I thought about "borrowing/stealing" it, but decided against it.

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Cities: Skylines one of the 9 titles coming to Game Pass in April and will have mod support.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What's my best option for upgrading my ps4 to a pro? Maximize my trade in value
I've read the PS5 devkits have gone out, I dunno if it's worth it at this point. I suppose that could still mean 2020 though. There are trade in deals now and then with gamestop plus if you have old games you dont care about at times they have hugely increased trade in values. I traded in over $1k of old useless games last year heh.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Discovered last night that Windows 10 has me signed into my XBox account. Brother in law text me and said what game you playing on Xbox?!?! all excited since he's an Xbox fanboy and I'm Ps4.

Good to know about the gamepass thing though. $10 to try it for 2 weeks makes a lot of sense.

spronk

FPS noob
You can get a 20% off PSN code by going to live.playstation.com sign in on the top right then go to the bottom of Quests on the right side of your screen, click the HERE for the last quest, let the video auto play, and click redeem to get a 20% coupon good on the PSN store until march 31st. Save the coupon for now, probably will be a flash sale this friday or next. Also weekly sale has some good stuff
The Great Indoors Sale | Official PlayStation™Store US
The Great Indoors Sale | Official PlayStation™Store US

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users