The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, some really good deals in there, too bad I'm too broke at the moment even to drop $15...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Somehow I missed playing Lost Legacy, must of been playing something else when it came out so score. Thanks for the heads up

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
flash weekend PSN sale some good shit if you are a newbie PS4 like Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy, The Last of Us, Infamous Second Son/Last Light, GTA 5, Persona 5, Witcher 3, etc
Attack of the Blockbuster Sale
Almost did HZD, but ended up buying it at Best Buy for $20. Love having the physical disc. Can't wait to get into that one!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Amazon is getting really fucking greedy.

Twitch Prime is losing its ad-free perk, and on Aug. 28th Prime Savings on game preorders is officially dead. They're replacing it with $10 credit for next purchase, and it's only going to apply to "select games" which is basically right back to the way things were 4 or 5 years ago. So any games you think there's any chance you'll buy on day 1, make sure to get the order placed this week. You can always cancel it later. Of course, Amazon is also currently pretending that physical copies of stuff like Spiderman and RDR2 don't exist so you're out of luck there.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 also has no Prime Savings at all for some stupid reason. I preordered and bitched at customer service, but all they did is give me a $15 credit. The product listing is still broken for everyone else. I've got half a mind to just cancel the order and GameFly it instead.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Isn't that what Walmart did? Get everyone dependent on their services then jack up the prices or leave town all together. This would work way better for a company in Amazon's standing, will be interesting how it plays out.

I've already decided to let my Prime run out this year. I rarely ever need anything the same day and with them removing most of the perks I don't see a reason to keep it.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Indeed, I am starting to wonder if I will renew as well. Cutting out features while charging more yearly. Pretty sure this will just hurt streamers more.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They could probably double or triple Prime and it'd still be a deal for us. I don't buy many physical games but do watch a lot of Twitch, so we'll see if that changes any habits.

1534795724897.png

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Best Buy cancelled their Gamer Pass or whatever (20% discount on new games).

GameStop cancelled their Elite Pro membership (20% discount on used games). Still has regular elite (10% discount).

Amazon cancels pre-order discount.

Gaming just got more expensive in 2018, without publishers dealing with the blowback of raising the price of a box to $65 or $70.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It will probably turn out to be a pretty great thing for Sony as it will push more people towards its digital sales. Previously, I had to decide between physical copy with a discount but with taxes (15% here) or digital with no discount, but no taxes. Now it amounts to a 15% discount for digital at all times for me. I'm not sure how the taxes situation works in the US though, so it might not be as big a boon.

Vorph

It varies state to state and also city to city. Some have no sales tax at all, some get up around 11.5% depending on the city you live in. Currently I pay 8% on Amazon orders, but there's no tax on digital goods (yet...imo it's as inevitable as the laws they passed to force Amazon, Newegg, etc. to charge tax across state lines) so it's definitely a consideration. But I'd probably still buy the "select games" on Amazon that have the $10 promo attached. Sony is even more asshole-ish than Amazon for not offering cancellations on preorders and charging your CC the moment you place the order instead of when it is released.

I still prefer physical anyway, even now that Sony finally fixed their shit and I can download a game in just a few minutes. I'll probably just start using GameFly even more than I already do.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Gamescom Xbox event / thingy in 20 minutes.

Xbox All Access?
New $150 accessory that might nto be the elite v2?

Edit: none of the above.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm trying to teach the older LEGO games, bought some 8bitdo for steam link, but I hate having my box incapaticated for that to work. Thinking of getting a console - which console system is best for girls age 6 (and 2) these days - the PS4 pro or the xbox?

• 1Salty