The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
yes, sony has licensed the SCUF controller and is releasing it at the end of august, $179 wired or $199 wireless
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/scuf-vantage-wireless-controller-only-at-gamestop/162370

I have an elite on my xbox and another on my PC and it works great, I took the paddles on the back off since i find them annoying. I have a scuf for ps4 on pre order and will compare the two. honestly though unless its a total piece of shit i rarely have problems adjusting to controllers, i switch between DS4 and xb1 every day zero probs. most games are built for controllers with very hard aim assist and drift/stop.

The biggest problem is the switch and wii u pro, since it puts the A/B button in a different layout config i'm always hitting cancel instead of accelerate/etc

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd love an elite controller if one of the features was being able to swap the D-pad and L-stick. The only thing I hate more than that layout is the Steam Controller and Nintendo's retarded insistence on keeping the Japanese A/B button swap in the west. I had a 360 controller for PC briefly, gave it away to a friend's kid because I couldn't stand the thumb position.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If wired doesn't bother you, I don't have anything bad to say about Nacon Revolution Pro 2. I prefer a heavy controller and it has a combination of weightsto use. Has programmable rear buttons with multiple profile selector.

Though it is wired and eats a USB port up.
gfdayjj.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That controller looks pretty freakin sweet, anybody have one that can attest sweetness?

Yes it’s easily my favorite controller. Just get it from Best Buy/MS Store so you can take it back if any issues. Same you’d do with a expensive headset. Add me if you get a X it’s a great machine. Sometimes you need to chilll and watch Dredd in 4k.

Wish they’d make an first party PS4 elite version. I can play with both Sony and MS controllers extremely interchangeable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the gamestop trade promo stacks with multiple consoles as long as they are different values, so for example an OG XB1 plus a PS4 would net you $200 + $250 or $450 towards a new XB1 plus a free game this weekend. For $50 out of pocket its a great deal to get rid of 3-4 year old consoles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
i dont think a F2P card game will force Sony's hand at all. Fallout 76 has a little more pull and i dont think they will push they cross platform play at all for it.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i dont think a F2P card game will force Sony's hand at all. Fallout 76 has a little more pull and i dont think they will push they cross platform play at all for it.

Sony would have the last laugh if Bethesda tried to withhold anything on the PS4.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's not enough lifespan left for the current generation. Pick your battles where they matter, if Sony doesn't do cross-platform for the PS5 then you can try forcing the issue and then they actually risk some population shifting to Microsoft.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That is the exact point. Bethesda has zero leverage with the PS4. PS5 is another matter entirely.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I dont think bethesda has any leverage in any generation of console as long as there are only two.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Microsoft is adding a shopping card to the Xbox store. About fucking time.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Now's the time to put pressure on Sony if you want to do it at all. They're already in a spat with Amazon which is costing them money. Their position only affords them so much resilience to outside pressure.

Szlia

Sony's position is pretty simple. Last gen they were globally neck and neck with Microsoft as far as installed base went and this gen they beat them more than 2 to 1. Also, all four Playstations are in the Top 6 of the most sold home consoles globally... So "We want cross play or else..." will not go very far.