The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I liked both but enjoyed the Montana Rednecks a bit more personally, so ya, go with whichever environment you lean towards most.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I have some free time this week and I have AC: Origins and Far Cry 5 in my back catalog and I’m thinking about starting one up? Similar games, which should I play first as I might only have time for one?

Go with AC origins first. I found myself lost in that world. Climbing to the top of the Pyramids was pretty great and the graphics oh man. A+ in 4k or 1080 60+

Both games are great and I am actually in the process of playingthe new zombie DLC. Pretty much what Nester Nester said. It's a super close call.

While we're on the subject I wrapped up Lost on Mars and while its repetitive (hello ubisoft game/dlc) if you guys like the cheesy Far Cry stories it's pretty fun. Hurk's story arc is growing with each game and I love it. I like the idea that he is the Monkey King from Chinese folklore and he's always finding himself in trouble as a drunken redneck.

Vietnam DLC 6/10
Lost on Mars 7/10 (dialogue is fun)
Zombie DLC working on it.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got the 3 kids solo for a week while the wife is off helping her twin sister with a new baby. Office/computer is too secluded from the rest of the house to be able to PC game, so I'm digging into my backlog of PS4 games! Up on the list:

Uncharted 2, 3, 4 - (beat #1 already)
Horizon Zero Dawn with all DLC

That's about all I got! lol... short list, but plenty of game play there to last me way more than a week I think.

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
They both have retarded stories and both have solid gameplay. I preferred Origins, but didn't care for either of them enough to beat.

You won't feel ripped off, content-wise, with either game, provided you like the game.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you made it all the way through the first Uncharted and liked it then you absolutely HAVE to play Uncharted 2, one of the best games of all time.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Yea, got some spare time today, and put a couple hours into the beginning of Horizon Zero Dawn. Got pretty bored with it, so not sure if I'll continue. This is the normal though as I couldn't get into any Fallout or Skyrim. These open world games for some reason I just get super bored. Witcher 3 held me for an extraordinary amount of time I think because Mods eased some of the tedium, and it's just flat out damn amazing story and quest lines.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yea, got some spare time today, and put a couple hours into the beginning of Horizon Zero Dawn. Got pretty bored with it, so not sure if I'll continue. This is the normal though as I couldn't get into any Fallout or Skyrim. These open world games for some reason I just get super bored. Witcher 3 held me for an extraordinary amount of time I think because Mods eased some of the tedium, and it's just flat out damn amazing story and quest lines.

The first few hours are more or less tutorial/background story. Once you get out of the actual beginning area it gets much better.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Story gets good after starting area. I'd put it in particular with w3 with better combat.

Crone

The first few hours are more or less tutorial/background story. Once you get out of the actual beginning area it gets much better.
Yea, just played a part of the wifes game. She's level 27, and was at a part where she wounded this dude, and he called like 8 Glinthawks down to attack us. She hates those birds, because she's not very good at controller aiming while moving and stuff, and so I tried it, and that was hella damn fun. Took those bitches out quick too! Knocked em to the ground with some purple arrow that made a sonic boom looking thing, then Executed them with my spear.

Edit: Oops, I never manually saved my game, and so the quick saves got wiped out when the wife started playing again. Not playing this one for a while I guess, as anytime I think about playing, I'll have to redo 2 hours of shitty intro tutorial shit.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yea, just played a part of the wifes game. She's level 27, and was at a part where she wounded this dude, and he called like 8 Glinthawks down to attack us. She hates those birds, because she's not very good at controller aiming while moving and stuff, and so I tried it, and that was hella damn fun. Took those bitches out quick too! Knocked em to the ground with some purple arrow that made a sonic boom looking thing, then Executed them with my spear.

Learn too love the Ropecaster for them(adding handling augments makes it reload faster, tear augments make it take less ropes too tie down machines), and it's also fun too use on humans. And Fire arrows (for the glinthawks)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I do not even care if Sony ever opens up cross play. Right now the only added user benefit is to have a gaming population to play with, and I never have problems playing / finding games. They have PC Cross play, that's good enough for me.

With that said, none of these companies gives a rats ass about user experience in cross play. MS wants it because they need the user pool. Switch is the same reason. PC doesn't care. And last gen, Microsoft was bucking cross play while Sony was all for it.

What I would like to know is why MS requires an Xbox Live Gold sub to play free to play games online.

There shouldn't be a sub required for any of this shit anyway considering 90% of all multiplayer is peer to peer on consoles.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AC: O Valley of the Kings DLC chillin on my undead horse.

I preferred The Egyptian afterlife over base game.

2BBAE5B2-F2D2-43C4-8F97-0E875ABF4B7A.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What I would like to know is why MS requires an Xbox Live Gold sub to play free to play games online.

There shouldn't be a sub required for any of this shit anyway considering 90% of all multiplayer is peer to peer on consoles.

Sony requires PSN or whatever, too.

Monster Hunter World is an online game – PC players play for free, while console users have to have Xbox Live or PSN; every "online" game on console is tied to a $60/year subscription to Microsoft/Sony as a console tax that PC users are exempt from.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Monster Hunter World is an online game – PC players play for free, while console users have to have Xbox Live or PSN; every "online" game on console is tied to a $60/year subscription to Microsoft/Sony as a console tax that PC users are exempt from.

Actually I meant free to play online games. PSN is not required for fortnite, warframe, etc. (free to play) while for Microsoft Xbox live is required.

Buy to play games it’s required on both services.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

It’s only $60 if you are retarded. And it’s not like that’s all you get

joz123

Potato del Grande
I must be a moron because when I had PS+ I used it for the free monthly games and discounts primarily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I will say that the gatekeeping of online play on the consoles is stupid, but the PS+ and Gold service is something I'd probably subscribe to, even if it had nothing to do with online play. The "free" games every month, along with nice discounts on all the sales are worth the relatively small price.

• 1Like