The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will say that the gatekeeping of online play on the consoles is stupid, but the PS+ and Gold service is something I'd probably subscribe to, even if it had nothing to do with online play. The "free" games every month, along with nice discounts on all the sales are worth the relatively small price.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm going to buy god of war, the last of us, and horizon zero dawn to start with on PS4.

Any other games (that haven't been on PC) which I should get?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bloodborne+DLC and Uncharted series. Persona 5 if you like JRPG. Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, and/or Detroit: Become Human if you are interested in that genre. Spider-Man is excellent as well (just don't buy the version that includes future DLC).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I've gone ahead and impulse bought what I listed in initial post :)

Will make sure to get some of the games listed, looking forward to it once I get it set up.

Does it need a wired internet connection or will wifi suffice?

• 1Like

Vorph

I keep mine wired even though I have a Pro (supports 5Ghz) and an AC1900 router with strong signal, because it still downloads shit much faster when I plug in the cable. If you don't have a Pro or are using the wifi built into a cable modem, I would definitely suggest getting it wired. PSN used to be garbage only ever able to download at 1/10th the speed of my actual internet service, but lately it is much closer to what I get on my PC from Steam/USENET/etc. I almost never play online MP games, so I can't speak to whether or not wired vs. wifi makes a difference in latency or whatever.

I also use Remote Play quite a bit on both PC and Vita, and wifi is absolutely out of the question for that purpose.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
RDR GotY Edition is 15 bucks for 360 at Amazon. Looks awesome in 4k on One X!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Another World is free for PS+ members, wasn't sure if it was mentioned. About to check it out after laughing at videos for years.

• 1Like

Szlia

Another World is pretty interesting as it is what I call an orphan game. There are some great ideas in it, but somehow these ideas were almost never reused in other games, even in supposed heirs like Heart of Darkness or Flashback (I guess a game without heir should be called sterile rather than orphan, but well...). The controls are pretty rough though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I've been working on a project with Microsoft to provide a financing option through Dell Preferred Account on Microsoft.com when purchasing an XBOX ONE. This promotion is already available in the physical Microsoft stores. The online portion is being released soon. It's a 24 month, equal pay promotion ($500/24=~$21/month). With that said, I was planning on purchasing an XBOX ONE X when the online portion is deployed.

Question: What would be some of the must have games? Mind you, any game that is PlayAnywhere I'm going to play on my PC (unless it has local multiplayer), and anything that's not exclusive I'd rather play on my PS4 Pro.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xboxallaccess?icid=homepage_hero1_xboxallaccess_082718
Right now is says in-store only, but will be updated to show online also when that piece is up and running.

Vorph

Question: What would be some of the must have games? Mind you, any game that is PlayAnywhere I'm going to play on my PC (unless it has local multiplayer), and anything that's not exclusive I'd rather play on my PS4 Pro.
I think that rules out everything except for BC titles which is exactly why I didn't bother looking into that promo any further.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Personally I'd just dig into Game Pass and go from there. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, most of the Halos and soon Forza Horizon 4 all included for starters. Then EA Access if there are titles you might be interested there. The latter is not exclusive, but cheap access to games you might not have messed with otherwise. For example I like playing the my player mode in sports games, but I'd never spend the money on NHL, Live, UFC etc.

With Game Pass I've been playing so much random stuff - including a number of Play Anywhere titles. That's the bulk of my console gaming, the rest is PC, especially w/ Madden being back on PC.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Game Pass might be worth it, I guess. I'll likely pick up FIFA 19 eventually, since my buddy is dickhard for XBOX 1 as he's had a 360 for so long, and won't get a PS4 Pro, so we can play that online.

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The finance deal comes w/ Game Pass (and gold) doesn't it, or is there a different one that is just the console?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't have a confirmed answer to that, but testing showed promo response on regular bundle skus (game w/ console). Once live it might require a Game Pass sku in the cart. I haven't seen the final details, just the functionality.

• 1Like