The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was about to post that. In addition to what's in the headline:
- a disc-to-digital program to swap games w/ a participating retailer for a digital download
- revised One S in 2019

All efforts to continue to push down the cost to get into the ecosystem.

Don't think they should launch their next console w/out a disc drive (yet), but this cheaper Xbox w/ no disc drive & trade-in program may weigh heavily into that decision. I'd probably pay a premium for a drive, but I also can't tell you the last time I used it on ours. Everything from movies to games is digital in our house.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still love having the disc. Maybe it ties back to when I binged on Ps4 games, just the buying/trading back in aspect. spronk spronk had me addicted to buying games for $38, and trading them back in for $40-45 at Best Buy. I didn't actually play hardly any of the games, but that wouldn't have been possible with digital. Even now, at least I feel that I have some tangible asset. Although everything about digital makes sense and I should be going digital. Ps4 games is the only thing that I like physical, because as you said Stevo, everything else in my life is digital.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You could have done that w/ digital and the original Xbox One plans, but we know the direction that went ;)

Totally get it though, and there's an entire industry built around it. If this happened though I'd be able to buy some of the deals I skip now because I'd prefer digital, and take it to a retailer (or retailers may be able to offer digital/physical option) to convert it. Yes please.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Digital is all fine and good until you consider that your entire games collection could be taken away from you with a bullshit service ban that can happen for a variety of reasons. Not to mention inevitable shutdown of services due to time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind digital for some console games. If I'm buying physical I'm generally buying it for special editions or collection purposes.

Example being Smash Ultimate, I have every other smash game in good condition so I want to finish my collection.

spronk

FPS noob
1 year PS+ is $40 on PSN for a week, will also be that price in many stores on black friday
PS Plus: 12 Month Membership

full PSN black friday sale list
Black Friday Sale

full xbox black friday sales
Black Friday Sale | Xbox

full ubisoft (PC) black friday
https://store.ubi.com/us/black-friday/

picked up MGS 2 & 3 HD and Peacewalker, mulling over Final Fantasy Lighting Returns (all BC on X). Have Yakuza 2, Diablo 3 Eternal, and South Park FBW gold in cart on PSN, will probably end up buying later after I find more stuff I will want to play in the next six months

Vorph

VC4 half off already? That doesn't bode well for future installments, especially since it sold poorly in Japan too.

I never bought it because PSN was screwed up just before the midnight release and it wouldn't take my order. Was thinking I'd get it to have more than two games to play on a new Switch, but there's no sale on that version and I'm not about to pay 2x.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going to have to nab one of those somehow. Can't seem to get a real sense of when it's available or not. Looks like some of the deals are going to be online starting tomorrow and then in stores starting the 21st or 22nd.

Vorph

Sony deals should be in store tomorrow at Gamestop and Target. Not sure about Walmart/BB/etc.

Far as I can tell Gamestop isn't doing anything for Black Friday at all this year. It's just the week long sale that starts tomorrow, and mostly a carbon copy of every other retailer. So much for hoping that there'd be some sort of Switch deal besides the MK8 one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
The person who leaked Sony not going to E3 next year a day before the actual announcement also leaked what he says the PS5 is gonna be. Could be fake news and all that jazz
Sony is not going to appear in E3 next year, Official Announcement tomorrow : PS4

4K/60 stable
Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though
Only thing i can tell right now for specs is Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$
PS VR 2 on the other hand will have no breaker box this time around it’ll be inside the console
Has a Camera (DS5 is going to have that too)
New Ps move controllers
They are also testing some gloves to go with the vr

Asked about potential launch games:
Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game (sekiro? that launches feb 2019 tho)

Release date:
It’s either March or November, Not confirmed which one it’ll be
It’s coming out in 2020. They want March 2020 but might get pushed to November 2020

So buying a PS4 this holiday season is a pretty safe bet, your hardware is good for at least 18 months and potentially 24 months.

And then you trade it in anyway and get $100 -150 back for the next gen. Anyone not buying a PS4 right now is missing out on a virtual golden age of gaming right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh Snap VC4 is only 30 bucks how did I miss that?

I just got myself the RDR Pro bundle today and it came with a 20% off PSN code so I'm def getting that.

• 1Barf

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Consoles are always loss leaders at launch. Wouldn't be surprised if they debuted at $500 and had better GPU power than a $500 retail unit alone.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Consoles are always loss leaders at launch. Wouldn't be surprised if they debuted at $500 and had better GPU power than a $500 retail unit alone.

Yes, but this case would be hardware configs that would be more than twice the MSRP of the console. That's well beyond loss leading and into going bankrupt territory.

4k60 stable across the board is twice the power of an XB1X which is $500 now, and that's a premium version. We're talking about a base version.

We might see 4k60, but it's going to be upscaled 4k if so.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
$199 PS4 Slim's are live everywhere, on black friday certain stores will give minor extras like Kohls cash but gamestop isn't doing anything more for it
Dual Shock 4's are $39 everywhere
PSVR's bundles are $199-249 everywhere, comes with games and extra stuff. Astro Bot VR is supposed to be fantastic
PS+ is $40 everywhere
if you can shop at AAFES (military/vet) you can get a PS4 Pro with RDR 2 for $299 with coupon code

Bunch of game deals live at gamestop and best buy but nothing really amazing, and pretty weak when compared to the digital PSN/xbox sale going on now. Only game I am gonna pick up today is Astro Bot VR for $20 at gamestop.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ordered a PS4 slim through Walmart, so looking forward to getting that, hopefully, Wednesday.

Probably pick up God of War and Last of Us Remastered off PSN and slowly grab others as deals show up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete for $10 at Gamestop is a great deal too for a new PS4 owner. $15 on PSN if your GS is out of stock or you prefer digital. If you never played Uncharted 1-3, Gamestop also has the Nathan Drake Collection for $10.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete for $10 at Gamestop is a great deal too for a new PS4 owner. $15 on PSN if your GS is out of stock or you prefer digital. If you never played Uncharted 1-3, Gamestop also has the Nathan Drake Collection for $10.

Thanks. I'd been eyeing both Horizon: Zero Dawn and the Nathan Drake Collection as well. Trying to stay all digital, but for those prices, may have to just go with the physical copies instead.