The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
One of my better friends is a higher up in Overwatches team and he just told me if that’s true, it’s the best kept internal secret he’s ever seen because there hasn’t been a single rumor about it.

Not saying it’s not happening but their employees are going in blind if this is the case and I hope my friend isn’t one of them as he was just moved out to Cali about 5 months ago after taking the job with them.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i guess blizzard not really being able to create new games has caught up with them, hundreds of layoffs incoming at activision/blizzard but I have to imagine the biggest hits will be any destiny support teams (can't be that many) and blizzard. Hope everyone fired who isn't a "diversity coordinator" gets new work quickly and easily.
Report: Mass Layoffs At Activision Blizzard Will Result In Hundreds Of Lost Jobs
Meanwhile, the Blizzard Launcher put up a "Now Hiring" page for a Diablo project.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The anti-backwards compatibility guy is now head of Sony Interactive now also. Hopefully he isn't the one deciding if that's a feature returning to the PlayStation brand or not.

spronk

FPS noob
played an hour or so of crackdown 3 on my X, it was pretty fun. Its basically like Just Cause or Saints Row 3 in terms of style and play. The huge redeeming factor is you can play the SP campaign as Terry Crews, and he is goofy and funny as hell. I don't even know why they let you choose like from 15 different characters, there is zero reason to play as anyone else. Campaign is supposed to be pretty short too, like under 15 hours.

I never played CD1/2 so I don't really get the whole "destruction environment" thing, i didn't see anything like that here. I could pick up shit (or bodies) and throw them around, thats about it. Lots of obvious flaws in the game but you can get gamepass for super cheap.

didn't try multiplayer, heard it sucked

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So. Still in San Juan tomorrow coming home Monday. Sounds like all the latest releases suck ass

Anthem: sucks.
Far cry new dawn:sucks.
Metro exodus. Sucks. (Buggier than shit)
Crackdown 3 is a joke
Div 2 beta was underwhelming.

Anything not suck?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So. Still in San Juan tomorrow coming home Monday. Sounds like all the latest releases suck ass

Crackdown 3 is a joke

Anything not suck?

Can add Kingdom Hearts III to the disappointment list for the dialog alone. Been having a lot of fun with Bloodstain which free if you have an Xbox Gold account right now. If you enjoyed the NES Castlevainias (especially III) you will dig it. Loaded up Crackdown 3 since I have the pass for another couple months and had fun but it is the exact same game as the first one minus the double jump. Games free for now so I can't complain but if I paid $60 for it I'd be pissed. Should of been treated like Recore and launched at $20 since the core gameplay loop is fun but nothing special anymore. Trying to think ahead and outside of Shadows Die Twice and Nioh 2 I can't picture picking anything else up at launch this year. Kids may end up talking me into Mario Maker 2 and if the Links Awaking remake isn't $60 those might be two more.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Rumors been going pretty hard that, Ghost of Tsushima might be hitting some time this year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Rumors been going pretty hard that, Ghost of Tsushima might be hitting some time this year.
Oh god help me. I don't often buy games on release, but when I do it's Ghost of Tsushima. That game looked all sorts of awesome and then some, in the trailers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
what was the difference between Ghosts of T and sekiro shadows die twice, i honestly didn't realize they were different games

Szlia

spronk spronk Ghost of Tsushima is made by Sucker Punch (the american studio of Infamous), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is made by From Software (the japanese studio of Dark Souls / Bloodborne).

I suspect the Sucker Punch will be more impressive on a technical level, but that the From Software game will be superior as far as game design and visual design go.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

Crackdown 3 is a joke

Anything not suck?

I actually like Div 2, I want more of the story. Besides that, yeah its a $10 DLC.

• 1Like