The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
you mean XBox controllers in general? or console controllers at large? PS3 and PS4 controllers work. i THINK any XB1 controller will work but i'm not 100% since i don't own one. just seems like i've heard they do. just try making it discoverable and check your computer's Bluetooth.
PS4 Dualshock works, although it takes more wrangling to get working for everything whereas the Xbox controllers are completely plug & play

yeah, I'd like to stick with Microsoft since it's essentially plug n play. I thought I remember the non S controllers sucking ass at one point, maybe they addressed that.

spronk

FPS noob
the OG xbox one controllers work with PC but you need a xbox one controller adapter, basically a usb stick. I don't think the stick works with 360 controllers, that a "different" (older) stick.

The S controllers can work with the stick OR they also have bluetooth, if you have a newer PC it probably has a bluetooth on it already you can pair with the S controllers and wouldn't need the stick.

The original elites (black) don't have bluetooth, the new white ones do. If you can justify the $150 price on the elites i highly recommend em, I have 3 and love em. Use one on PC no problem, wired or wireless.

The wireless usb stick for controller is good to get anyways, its $24.99 msrp but goes on sale all the time and there are some controller bundles that come with it. It lets you use up to 8 controllers on a PC and rumble works. A company called 8bitdo also sells a usb stick controller that pairs with any xbox one, ps4, switch, and other controllers so thats another option too. The 8bitdo plugs into a PC, switch, or other devices too not sure the full list.

xbox stick
amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-Windows-one/dp/B00ZB7W4QU

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Weird I have OG, elite, white S, and Scorpio xbox one controllers and I can just plug and play. I don’t need any adapters. I plugged and played my 360 as well. Im on Windows 10

Fedor

<Banned>
The 'Xbox Maverick' console will be named 'Xbox One S All-Digital Edition,' preorders in April 2019

Microsoft is reportedly set to call the disc-less Maverick console the "Xbox One S All-Digital Edition," with preorders aiming for mid-April 2019 and with general availability coming in early May 2019. It looks as though it could be near-global simultaneous launch for almost all existing Xbox markets.

trump_sad_rectangular_sticker-r75dd266ebeaf4bcbb3934a37d4e698f3_v9wxo_8byvr_200.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Repost
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Its a me, Mario, and I'm on sale next week
Nintendo Sales & Deals - Nintendo Game Store

$329 for a switch + digital top tier game is pretty great, but also all the big mario games will be $39.99 physical/digital next week at amazon/best buy/walmart/target (lol fuck off said gamestop i guess).

i dunno if you can swing it, but if you can find a new switch model that has the $35 eshop included that could be a great way to get a switch if you've been on the fence. Pay $330 and get a switch, $35 eshop, and a digital copy of smbu or odyssey.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Inside Xbox just started, opened with:
- Minecraft on Game Pass 4/4
- Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC (Steam, Windows Store)
-- Game rolling out in chunks
-- Reach is being added, and will be the first portion released on PC.
Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
BTW if you have an OG xbox one and wanna trade up both gamestop and microsoft store (physical) are running decent deals. At gamestop trade towards a new X and get like... $175? not exactly sure, look at http://www.gamestop.com/trade and you should get the trade value plus the $25 bonus. Microsoft stores are running a slightly better deal, you get the trade value (like $100 or so) plus $75 bonus and the metro exodus X bundle is discounted currently to $399 PLUS you get a free game with purchase of a new xbox X. Wait till friday and you can pick up Div 2 or get DMC5/RE2/Dead or Alive 6 now as the freebie game.

All YMMV of course and you have to take in the console, controller, power, controller charging cable, and HDMI cable. With all the moves microsoft is making turning a PC into basically an xbox I'm not sure an X is really worth it anymore though. I like mine, saves me from having to do nvidia driver updates every fucking week.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BTW if you have an OG xbox one and wanna trade up both gamestop and microsoft store (physical) are running decent deals. At gamestop trade towards a new X and get like... $175? not exactly sure, look at http://www.gamestop.com/trade and you should get the trade value plus the $25 bonus. Microsoft stores are running a slightly better deal, you get the trade value (like $100 or so) plus $75 bonus and the metro exodus X bundle is discounted currently to $399 PLUS you get a free game with purchase of a new xbox X. Wait till friday and you can pick up Div 2 or get DMC5/RE2/Dead or Alive 6 now as the freebie game.

All YMMV of course and you have to take in the console, controller, power, controller charging cable, and HDMI cable. With all the moves microsoft is making turning a PC into basically an xbox I'm not sure an X is really worth it anymore though. I like mine, saves me from having to do nvidia driver updates every fucking week.

Same but yes if they continue this path I’ll just play on my PC.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not a fan of studio acquisitions even if it is a company with a track record like Sony. Was hoping to see Bioshock and the Rockstar properties in VR at some point but wouldn't want them locked to only Sony consoles.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Biggest problem with the acquisition for me is that Take Two is a PC friendly publisher (for the most part) and this would mean losing out on those IP's when it comes to PC gaming. This includes Civilization and X-Com

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm a little less concerned about moves like that with Sony execs talking about a 'post-console' world.

That and like Minecraft and Microsoft, Take Two has too many irons in the fire on other platforms, you reduce too much value making it exclusive to one platform.