The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just started RDR2 after having it installed since release. It's been hard for me to get into since I'm not a big fan of rockstar gameplay. The game is gorgeous so far.

spronk

FPS noob
Outer Wilds is out on epic game store and included with xbox game pass on xbox

Buy Outer Wilds - Microsoft Store

seems to be getting pretty good reviews. sadly you can't get a pc version with gamepass.

This is NOT the game Outer Worlds which is an RPG from ex fallout/etc devs, at first i thought it was and got super excited.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Outer Wilds is out on epic game store and included with xbox game pass on xbox

Buy Outer Wilds - Microsoft Store

seems to be getting pretty good reviews. sadly you can't get a pc version with gamepass.

This is NOT the game Outer Worlds which is an RPG from ex fallout/etc devs, at first i thought it was and got super excited.

Probably can't be Play Anywhere because of the Epic Store arrangement.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That's the game that was crowdfunded while promising Steam keys, only to be cunts and make it an Epic exclusive when money was thrown at them, shitting all over the people that made the game possible in the first place.

Vorph

Probably can't be Play Anywhere because of the Epic Store arrangement.
Operencia is Play Anywhere despite being an Epic sell-out.

Most games just aren't Play Anywhere and Game Pass for PC isn't that great unfortunately. I was excited to see Void Bastards on Game Pass today too, but nope, you can't get that on PC either. At least it's on Steam, but $30 seems a bit steep for what it is.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Operencia is Play Anywhere despite being an Epic sell-out.

Most games just aren't Play Anywhere and Game Pass for PC isn't that great unfortunately. I was excited to see Void Bastards on Game Pass today too, but nope, you can't get that on PC either. At least it's on Steam, but $30 seems a bit steep for what it is.

They posted on Reddit last year they intended for the title to be Play Anywhere, so figured the Epic Store deal changed that, perhaps not.

Vorph

They posted on Reddit last year they intended for the title to be Play Anywhere, so figured the Epic Store deal changed that, perhaps not.
Yeah, I'm don't doubt that making the deal with Epic is what caused them to drop Microsoft, just saying it doesn't appear that Epic forces them to like they do with Steam. They probably felt they got enough money out of that deal to not need to have a second one with MS too. It's the same publisher as Ashen, which isn't available on Windows 10 Store at all and it appears to be the same for Outer Wilds.

Edit: Also possible that Epic does try to shut out MS too, but the Operencia devs were contractually obligated to remain on Windows Store/Play Anywhere and the Epic deal came later and couldn't get around it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
June GWG
D70tn9lUYAAj9cq.jpg

also microsoft release gamepass for PC yesterday its the same as xbox game pass but fewer games but also the windows 10 store will now do win32 games? Also Gears 5 and Age of Empires 1-3 will be coming to steam.
Our Approach to PC Gaming - Xbox Wire

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Hmm. I wonder if that will be bundled into the Ultimate subscription.

As for the GwG games, I've been playing the a lot of NHL lately, it's in the EA Access vault.

spronk

FPS noob
Sony days of play june 6th - 16th with cheaper PS4 Pro/slim, $40 controllers, and sale on games (hasn't released prices on games yet tho)
Days of Play: 11 Days of Deals and a New Limited Edition PS4
  • Jet Black 1TB PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $249.99 USD / $329.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – starting at $39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • Days Gone, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, MLB The Show 19 – starting at $19.99 USD / $29.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • PlayStation Hits games – starting at $9.99 USD/CAD (MSRP)
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Days Gone is 20 bucks already? I might grab that and Spiderman.

spronk

FPS noob

free update for C3. I played like an hour and got bored and never played again but its part of gamepass

• 1Like

sukik

free update for C3. I played like an hour and got bored and never played again but its part of gamepass
The game was fun enough once you got all the movement abilities but that takes at least 3-4 hours. The super slow start probably drives a lot of people away.

Vorph

Days Gone is 20 bucks already? I might grab that and Spiderman.
Highly unlikely. They said starting at 19.99, which is probably just God of War. Spider-man likely 25 or 30, and I'd guess 40 for Days Gone.

I find it really weird that they always make the limited edition consoles non-pro.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Days Gone still worth it at 40$ though, good game with a lot of shit too do all over, the map.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
We're expecting the new Xbox consoles to come with an all-new OS, based on Windows Core OS, which we've been covering for some time now. Expect an all-new dashboard based on the Fluent Design System, with the speed and fluidity at the forefront. The next Xbox will be fully backward compatible with the existing library on your Xbox One, including X360 and OG Xbox back compatibility. At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years, games will ship on both the Xbox One consoles and on the new Scarlett consoles, as is typically the case during a generational transition.

Fadaar

That guy
Free NHL 19? Might be the first sports game I'll have played since Madden.... 09? Whichever one had Favre on the cover.

Crone

In a hotel, and brought my Ps4, instead of my gaming laptop for the week. Wanted to try and bust out some Uncharted, but I don't have any internet. PS4's can't handle the captiv portal thing that hotels do to connect to wifi, but will it even matter? It'll just upload my saves to the cloud once I'm back on the internet, and until then just be local?