The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
All the days of play stuff is live, I added 2 years of PS+ to my acct ($40/yr) since it didn't even hit $40 during black friday the past two years. Make sure you disable auto renew tho if you buy PS+, it turns it automatically on.

Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, TLOU, etc are no brainer buys if you never played them
Days of Play

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All the days of play stuff is live, I added 2 years of PS+ to my acct ($40/yr) since it didn't even hit $40 during black friday the past two years. Make sure you disable auto renew tho if you buy PS+, it turns it automatically on.

Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, TLOU, etc are no brainer buys if you never played them
Days of Play
Picked up the Spiderman DLC pack. Of all those top amazing games on PS4, I've finished so few, but Spiderman was one I completed 100%. Excited to get back into the DLC.

spronk

FPS noob
if anyone is buying a shit load of PSN games send me a PM, i've got a 20% coupon code that expires 6/30 you can have for free. It came with the spidey PS4s last holiday so if you already used one of those you can't use a second one (I used one already too). It won't work on PS+ or pre order games, just games currently you can buy and you should really spend more than $50 to make it worth it.

spronk

FPS noob
looks like gamepass ultimate is live for everyone now, you can convert (or join new) for $1/mo for both gamepass + GWG
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

if you have existing gwg/pass, try to stack it up to 3 years total (NO MORE) and then convert and you'll get 3 years of ultimate, combining the two. Almost doubling your money for free basically. i.e. if you have 3 years of GWG for which you paid $60x3, you'll get converted into 3 years of ultimate which is worth $120x3. If you have over 3 years though I don't think it'll let you switch, ultimate caps out at 3 years max (6/9/2022).

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
microsoft dropped a ton of new games on Game Pass including Shenmue I & II, Metro Exodus, Steamworld Dig 2, Hollow Knight Voidheart, Moonlighter, The Messanger, Momodora, Everspace, Hotline Miami, and more.

Vorph

So if I just have Xbox Game Pass from the 3 month deal, but no Live Gold because I have no intention of ever buying an Xbox how do I get the PC games they just added? I can't upgrade to Ultimate without Gold too, and Win10 Store isn't letting me download any of the games with what I currently have. (Edit: Looks like they're still working on getting this stuff live, and it seems I can convert my Game Pass now. Still not entirely clear on what I need to do if I want to add, say, another year to Game Pass before converting though.)

Some retarded shit in there too, like Shenmue I & II, even if I could download it it demands a Windows update that's still in the Preview build track. Officially released Creator's Updates were such a shitshow that you'd have to be crazy to download the "May Update" before November.

Full list of games:
Available now(-ish?):
  • ABZU
  • ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X
  • Antiquia Lost
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Astroneer
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
  • Bomber Crew
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Broforce
  • Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
  • Book of Demons
  • Clustertruck
  • Crackdown 3
  • Crosscode
  • Die for Valhalla!
  • Disneyland Adventures
  • Everspace
  • Fez
  • Football Manager 2019
  • Full Metal Furies
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10
  • Gears of War 4
  • Guacamelee 2
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hollow Knight
  • Hotline Miami
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Into The Breach
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
  • Metro Exodus
  • Mindzone
  • Moonlighter
  • MudRunner
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Neon Chrome
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun
  • Opus Mangum
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Oxenfree
  • Pony Island (Daniel Mullins Games)
  • ReCore
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
  • Ruiner
  • Samorost 3
  • Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Silence - The Whispered World 2
  • Sinner for Windows 10
  • Slay The Spire
  • Shoot n Merge 2048
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Snake Pass
  • State of Decay 2
  • Stealth Inc 2
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • SUPERHOT - Windows 10
  • Supermarket Shriek
  • Surviving Mars - First Colony Edition
  • Riverbond
  • Tacoma
  • Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  • The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • The Banner Saga 3
  • The Flame In The Flood
  • The Gardens Between
  • The Last Door: Season 2 Collector's Edition
  • The Messenger
  • The Stillness of the Wind
  • The Surge
  • The Turing Test
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Thumper
  • Tyranny Gold Edition
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Vampyr
  • Void Bastards
  • Wandersong
  • Wargroove
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • West Of Loathing
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • We Happy Few
  • Wizard of Legend
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Coming at some point:
  • Age Of Empires: Definitive Edition
  • Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  • Age Of Empires III: Definitive Edition
  • Ashen
  • Battletoads
  • Gears 5
  • Gears Tactics
  • Halo Infinite
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Some of the current games listed there have been available through Play Anything for a long time. Couldn't find a listing of just the newest stuff. Still no Outer Wilds, which is disappointing since some other Epic-fail exclusives are on there (like Metro Exodus even), and Void Bastards is on the list but not showing as available for PC at all on the store.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my PS4 finally kicked the bucket. For awhile now, if you start playing any more graphically intensive games, it would start flashing red and give you the overheating warning message. I took it apart, cleaned it completely, put new thermal paste on, the whole nine yards, to no effect. I did notice there was some corrosion on parts of the power supply, and it is the original release model PS4 500GB that I got 2 or 3 months after the console launched. I was using it mostly as a streaming box still, but now it is giving the overheating warning no matter what I use it for, and will hard shutdown after maybe 20 minutes of use.

I'm tortured with news coming out for next gen consoles coming in the next 2'ish years most likely. I am already mostly play everything on PC, but I have a back log of great games I still haven't gotten around to playing, but I can't bring myself to replace the damn thing this late in the consoles life cycle. I've got more than enough cash to just go out and purchase a new PS4, but I just can't bring myself to do it, why can't everything be cross platform god dammit.... probably should have put this in the first world problems thread.

Crone

So my PS4 finally kicked the bucket. For awhile now, if you start playing any more graphically intensive games, it would start flashing red and give you the overheating warning message. I took it apart, cleaned it completely, put new thermal paste on, the whole nine yards, to no effect. I did notice there was some corrosion on parts of the power supply, and it is the original release model PS4 500GB that I got 2 or 3 months after the console launched. I was using it mostly as a streaming box still, but now it is giving the overheating warning no matter what I use it for, and will hard shutdown after maybe 20 minutes of use.

I'm tortured with news coming out for next gen consoles coming in the next 2'ish years most likely. I am already mostly play everything on PC, but I have a back log of great games I still haven't gotten around to playing, but I can't bring myself to replace the damn thing this late in the consoles life cycle. I've got more than enough cash to just go out and purchase a new PS4, but I just can't bring myself to do it, why can't everything be cross platform god dammit.... probably should have put this in the first world problems thread.
Not to throw more salt on the wound, but over the years there has been some pretty amazing deals on trade ins. Probably about a year ago I traded in my launch Ps4 for $200, way more than I could get from anywhere else, and bought brand new Ps4 slim 1TB. This deal was through Gamestop.

I wish you best of luck!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I mean by end of mon/tue you can make a decision, which boils down to

1. is $299-$349 a lot of money to you? If it is, don't buy a ps4/pro
2. did sony/anyone else announce any games you GOTTA play in the next 9 months? TLOU2, Death Stranding, etc?etc? are all releasing in the next 9-12 months before the PS5. Anything new announced, maybe Cyberpunk 2077. Some are PS5 exclusive, most are cross platform.

The good news is the PS4 Pro is $50 sale this week everywhere, and a few places are bundling deals to make it even sweeter (not many tho). PS4 slim is $299 but I really think for $50 more the PS4 Pro is a much better deal, especially if you wanna dabble with PSVR which is worth it imo.

There almost also certainly will be good deals to switch from ps4 to ps5 in terms of trade incentives so its not a huge opportunity cost either imo.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Raytracing

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
If I just want to dick around with Game Pass on console for a while, can anyone think of a reason I should get an Xbone X over an S? S seems pretty cheap these days. I ran out and bought a PS4 Pro the day it came out and honestly didn't notice much a difference from my original fatty PS4.