The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
Also that feature doesn't even begin to make up for the plethora of bad shit they announced today.

You are a sucker if you buy a Xbone. Keep on apologizing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh that family shit sounds pretty gay, but so long as its discounted rates for having multiple accts its ok. I have 3 atm as is but only 1 has gold active. Then again i just renewed my gold for a year last month, so depends on how it all will go down.

Also that feature doesn't even begin to make up for the plethora of bad shit they announced today.

You are a sucker if you buy a Xbone. Keep on apologizing.
Unless its over $500 its not a big deal. I have maybe 3 friends who only own a ps3 while everyone else has an xbox. Regardless of the shenanigans MS pulls i doubt that number will change much since most of them are older and set in their ways. I know im getting both regardless of how bad MS fucks up also just b/c im sure it will have some games i want to play anyways and i hate the PS controller.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
from reading neogaf thread on this:

once a day the console checks in...or you cannot play any game period end of discussion until you do. you can still watch tv/movie though.
what happens if some one ddos attacks the authorizing server and knocks it completely off grid for a day or two...
logging in from a friends house/playing on friends xbox ,,it is now a one hour check in.

the share thing with 10 family member thing, any one game can be played so if you are playing COD, none of your family can play cod, supposedly all 10 could be playing 10 different games.

the used game thing. bets on within a year a publisher decides "no used games period" and opts out of the used game business? bets on EA being the first one to do this?

sony has said that you will be able to play single player games or local multiplayer games without ever having to go online.

the used game thing, i bet sony ends up with something similar in place to microsoft, leaving nintendo as the only "unlocked" console used game wise.

right now it is in Sony's ballcourt, they pay attention and not make the mistakes MS seems to be making, and they win.

oh yes, Microsoft just cancelled several previously scheduled one on one interviews at E3-giantbomb, GI.biz, MCV reports that there will not be any one on one interviews with microsoft execs @ E3, while other sites say they still have interviews.

no worries, E3 is coming, i just want to see good games.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
the used game thing, i bet sony ends up with something similar in place to microsoft, leaving nintendo as the only "unlocked" console used game wise.
I wish they'd just make games on other consoles and call it a day. I love Amazon for letting me return my Wii-u with the reason being "it sucks".

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Liking how the One is shaping up. I can pool up with my friends and still make nerds rage. Gonna be great.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It probably doesn't work that way. It's probably part of the Xbox Live Family Account crap that you can buy into.
Pretty sure it's referencing that you can use your login on up to 10 machines before it locks you out of using it around - but that it would still be tied to your account exclusively - if not, they're directly contradicting many previous statements there.

Vaclav

The apologizing going on here is hilarious.

Also that sharing with family shit will require you to buy into the XBL Family Packs, your "friends" are not part of that.
And IIRC the Family Packs had some ridiculous pricing to them too, didn't they? Like $60/mo for 4 linked accounts or some such?

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
No, it's $99 for 12 months. The other option is to use 12 month cards on a non family account and get 1/2 of the months added to the family account when that member is added to the family. So you could buy 2 12mo cards, add them to a non family account, then add the account to the family and get a year added to it (which is around $60 depending on what kind of deals are out there).

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
The interesting thing is they stopped selling the family subscription back in March. Did they announce a replacement? Maybe you're right for the new package (assuming it's been announced and I missed it).

Vaclav

The interesting thing is they stopped selling the family subscription back in March. Did they announce a replacement? Maybe you're right for the new package (assuming it's been announced and I missed it).
My final 360 died about 18 months ago at this point - so just quoting old memories of ads I saw on the message system each time I debated doing Gold. (And kept looking at that option because of the wife ideally using her own Live account separate from me - but it was something ludicrous that wasn't in line with 2 subs at the time)

$99 does sound right to me, but I'm pretty sure the term was something much shorter than a year - like 3 months at the most. I know for 2 people it was going to end up being more than 2 standard subs at the lazy man's autocharged $15/per mo x2 because it was asinine for us, but did look feasible for someone that actually would use 3-4 accounts.

Maybe they improved it since to something akin to what you're saying - god, I hope they have - because the old variant was ludicrous, $99/for 1 year would actually be sensible over 2 accounts even on the other hand.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
They killed the family plan. From reading the XBox website it sounds like every XBL gold account can have up to 10 family members. No idea how they plan on implementing it (would assume IP based or you link consoles to activate)

The amount of rage is cracking me up! I understand why some people are upset, but any well adjusted person who understands how any industry works knows it was only a matter of time before this model was introduced. Welcome to the digital future.

On a side note, I refuse to associate myself as a "gamer" after seeing the response to these changes. I have never seen a group so ignorant of basic business models and come off sounding so petty and entitled. It's embarrassing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
On a side note, I refuse to associate myself as a "gamer" after seeing the response to these changes. I have never seen a group so ignorant of basic business models and come off sounding so petty and entitled. It's embarrassing.
We're petty and "entitled" because we want to own property without having to do a daily online license check? You're god damned right we're "entitled" to property we buy without having to jump through bullshit hoops.

Fuck you, guy. You're the most retarded and sad apologist on this board. It's embarrassing that you post here.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
During the summer we go to the cabin for weekends a lot, with this policy it means my kids wont be able to play their XBone at night when we are there for 3 or 4 days.

The feature/restriction may not be a huge deal to you Thorne but I'm not shelling out $400-$500 on something that will restrict my kids or myself from playing it on late summer nights at the cabin. I know our situation isn't common but who the fuck are they to tell me what I have to do with my own system.

Luckily my kids like the PS3 so they shouldn't be to disappointed when I tell them no and we get a PS4 instead. Personally I'm not angry or upset but as a consumer I need to go with what fits my needs and the XBone with this restriction will not do that.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Xbox Defense Force answer would be that Steam's restrictions are just as bad, if not worse, on many of these points.

I'd point out that Steam's minimum heartbeat goes for a hell of a lot longer and assume the game prices still drop much faster on Steam.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The issue with all this crap is it does NOTHING for the user, period. No matter how little concern you have about online-only or buying or selling second-hand games, the shit has zero upside for anyone. If PS4 doesn't do this shit, it has made up my mind for me, before I have even seen a single game.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I'm not defending a damn thing. Just simply stating my opinion. To think that any of these companies should change thier products or policies to suite your individual needs comes off as entitled.

These are 100% luxury entertainment devices. If you don't like the damn product that is offered, don't buy it. Getting so emotionally involved is just silly.